Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats Meet

Brisbane Expats Meet

Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Expats Meet

We're hoping to come along, but as I've not been well, it might just be Steve and the girls.

Nice to see you all soon

All the best Karen P
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road

hi we hope to make the meet too
2 + 2 kids
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:21 pm
ABCDiamond

Looks like there may be a good number of people turning up

Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Looks like there may be a good number of people turning up
ABC
We will be coming on the Pacific Highway from the GC. Which turn off is it?

Thanks mate.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:40 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by debsy
ABC
We will be coming on the Pacific Highway from the GC. Which turn off is it?

Thanks mate.
Hi Debsy
That must be the one route that I haven't taken myself

However, the best option looks like taking the Gateway Motorway, and turning of at Tingalpa, (UBD162 B13) then follow the Wynnum Road to Preston Road (UBD163 B4), follow that to Worthing St (UBD163 F/G4) that becomes Pine Street, and reaches the Wynnum Esplande, where you turn left and head for (UBD143 K19) Wading Pool and then the Playground area.

Unless anyone has any easier route ?

Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Debsy

However, the best option looks like taking the Gateway Motorway, and turning of at Tingalpa, (UBD162 B13) then follow the Wynnum Road to Preston Road (UBD163 B4), follow that to Worthing St (UBD163 F/G4) that becomes Pine Street, and reaches the Wynnum Esplande, where you turn left and head for (UBD143 K19) Wading Pool and then the Playground area.

Thanks ABC.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Red Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of lightRed Pops is a glorious beacon of light

I will definitely be at the next meet with hubby and two boys. Hoping to be there sometime in April.

See you soon.

At present doing all the horrible paperwork, etc before we leave and is it a minefield.
Old Jan 4th 2005, 10:06 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debsy

ABC/Debsy
That is the route I will take, ie, Gateway Motorway (Junction 16 from the GC Highway), we then take the Wynnum Road turn off (clearly posted) and we simply end up in Wynnum!
Not sure if the Wynnum Road turn off is the Tingalpa one but it really is easy and clearly sign posted.
Anyway, see you all there!!

Andrew
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Reminder for next weekend - anyone else want to join us?
Count us in too! We've been in Oz for 3 weeks, so it'll be great to meet up with everyone!

Jez, Laura + 2

Old Jan 5th 2005, 1:07 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ecando
Count us in too! We've been in Oz for 3 weeks, so it'll be great to meet up with everyone!

Jez, Laura + 2

have the dates been finalised? madsads arrive on the 17th Of Jan!!

5 off us!!

Last edited by Ghostface; Jan 5th 2005 at 1:13 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ghostface
have the dates been finalised? madsads arrive on the 17th Of Jan!!

5 off us!!
Donna can come to a Girlie drinky night on the 21st of she hasn't lost my mobile number,,,,,but the rest of you will have to wait till next time!
Old Jan 5th 2005, 3:26 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Donna can come to a Girlie drinky night on the 21st of she hasn't lost my mobile number,,,,,but the rest of you will have to wait till next time!
She has def not lost your mobby no!! she also has monster munch for you!! this is my last day at work aswell so we are both now offline until at least 10th of Jan, But D will def be in touch when we get there!!.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 8:41 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanna come!!! ....But i'm stuck here in glasgow for the forseeable future

Oh well there is always a pre-christmas 2005 meet!!!!?????

From Lynn (a very envious 'not quite yet british expat!')
Old Jan 6th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
I wanna come!!! ....But i'm stuck here in glasgow for the forseeable future

Oh well there is always a pre-christmas 2005 meet!!!!?????

From Lynn (a very envious 'not quite yet british expat!')
Lynn ... I'll have a drink for you !

Chin up ... it'll happen sooooon ...

Jez
Old Jan 6th 2005, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andrew63
ABC/Debsy
That is the route I will take, ie, Gateway Motorway (Junction 16 from the GC Highway), we then take the Wynnum Road turn off (clearly posted) and we simply end up in Wynnum!
Not sure if the Wynnum Road turn off is the Tingalpa one but it really is easy and clearly sign posted.
Anyway, see you all there!!

Andrew
Thanks Andrew.

I did not realise that Tanah Merah was a real place - I assumed it was a Irish souding name you had chosen for your house or something until I was driving to Brisbane the other day and I saw the signposts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.