Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Expats Meet

Brisbane Expats Meet

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:07 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Brisbane Expats Meet

Hi all,

I get the keys to my new home on the 5th, so this will be my first weekend as a house owner! If I can drag myself away from shopping for all the bits and pieces I need to get it up and running I might pop along. Might have Mum and possibly my new kiwi man with me....

See ya all soon (maybe!)

W.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Add us in please, Andy, Karen, James (9) and Lucy (7).
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

Hi

We are over on the 2nd Jan, for 3 weeks to validate our visas.

We would love to come to the meeting, but where in Wynnum? and at what time?

Jane, Lee, Jack 10, and Tom 8
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 10:34 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Updated list for the meet at Wynnum on Saturday 8th Jan at 11am is -

Dagboys (2+2 child)
mlbonner (2+1 child)
Proofreader (Mr & Mrs + mum)
leannefr (2+1 child + mum & dad)
Mrs&MrsJTL (2)
Cresta (2+1)
nikkers & Arnie (2+1)
ABC (2+1)
Debsy (2+2)
Terry (2?)
TT (2)
Gazzzzzzzzza (2+1?)
Andrew (2+3)
Polly & the Bloke
Leanda (2+2)
Itsasecret (2+1)
mutant (2+2)
BarronFam (2+2 I think?)
scotvness (2+?)
Xoe (2+1)
mcmercer (2+1)
Jackie & Martin
Muzzman (2+2)
lee/janne (2+2)

Have I forgotten anyone? Big list, hope everyone turns up, anyone else want to join us?

We're heading for the foreshore at Wynnum, the area is at the bottom of Charlotte Street on Wynnum Esplanade (UBD Map page 143 Grid ref: K18).
Look for the Pelicans Nest Takeaway & the Fish & Chip Takeaway on the corner of Charlotte St, theres a group of very large Moteton Bay Figs directly opposite there with some BBQs, we'll be in there somewhere. You will see the Wynnum jetty & the huge big playground & the trees are between the toilets & the car park. Look out for a huge group of people with English (+Scottish/Irish/assoorted other) accents & hopefully Steve Cook will wear his England shirt like he always dooes .
Old Dec 30th 2004, 10:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Reminder for next weekend - anyone else want to join us?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:52 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Reminder for next weekend - anyone else want to join us?
So far, 53 adults (including 3 parents) and 26 or so kidlets ... and you want more???!!!! D'ya reckon we should contact the Guinness Book of Records for the 'Biggest Onliners Meeting'?

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 1:14 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

What time on Sat??? Are people having a bbq or just bringing there own sandwiches??Or both??Or just turn up with our chairs and beer??
So many questions , so little time.
See you all Sat.
Daz
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 1:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by leannefr
What time on Sat??? Are people having a bbq or just bringing there own sandwiches??Or both??Or just turn up with our chairs and beer??
So many questions , so little time.
See you all Sat.
Daz
Fish & Chips from the shop opposite is also an option. The BBQ facilities may be crowded, and being the Free Electric ones, they are also pretty slow to cook the food.
Chairs, drinks and pre-prepared food can be a good option.

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 1:26 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Updated list for the meet at Wynnum on Saturday 8th Jan at 11am

11am, I think mate!

I'd imagine we're to take chairs, eskies full of drinks and either sangers or BBQ materials. Unless anyone says differently, that's the way we'll be going at any rate!

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 1:29 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ProofReader

11am, I think mate!

I'd imagine we're to take chairs, eskies full of drinks and either sangers or BBQ materials. Unless anyone says differently, that's the way we'll be going at any rate!

Cheers Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 2:15 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Updated list for the meet at Wynnum on Saturday 8th Jan at 11am is -

Dagboys (2+2 child)
mlbonner (2+1 child)
Proofreader (Mr & Mrs + mum)
leannefr (2+1 child + mum & dad)
Mrs&MrsJTL (2)
Cresta (2+1)
nikkers & Arnie (2+1)
ABC (2+1)
Debsy (2+2)
Terry (2?)
TT (2)
Gazzzzzzzzza (2+1?)
Andrew (2+3)
Polly & the Bloke
Leanda (2+2)
Itsasecret (2+1)
mutant (2+2)
BarronFam (2+2 I think?)
scotvness (2+?)
Xoe (2+1)
mcmercer (2+1)
Jackie & Martin
Muzzman (2+2)
lee/janne (2+2)

Have I forgotten anyone? Big list, hope everyone turns up, anyone else want to join us?

We're heading for the foreshore at Wynnum, the area is at the bottom of Charlotte Street on Wynnum Esplanade (UBD Map page 143 Grid ref: K18).
Look for the Pelicans Nest Takeaway & the Fish & Chip Takeaway on the corner of Charlotte St, theres a group of very large Moteton Bay Figs directly opposite there with some BBQs, we'll be in there somewhere. You will see the Wynnum jetty & the huge big playground & the trees are between the toilets & the car park. Look out for a huge group of people with English (+Scottish/Irish/assoorted other) accents & hopefully Steve Cook will wear his England shirt like he always dooes .

How about a "BE" flag waving? Could be fun designing a logo.....

Andrew
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

gazza22222 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will hopefully bring my big union jack flag on a pole that we used for the Gold Coast meet in Dec.

Gazza
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:50 pm
Rocket Scientist

PR, I think we had more the first time & close to it the second ... you should have seen us all on the ferries over to Coochimudlo .

Gazza, the flagg would be great.

Andrew, my mind is reeling at the thought of what the logo might be .

Everyone with kids - dont forget their swimmers.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:17 pm
togooff&things

Lordy, all sounds fun. We should have been there in Nov - but still stuck in Scotland! BAH! Please have another in a few months, and you can count us in then! Have been on and off here periodically for a while but I guess you only really meet people when you can put a face to an avitar as it were! Have fun guys!
Colette x

Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Sorry cant make it this time (see ELVIS thread) have a great time ye all - will catch up next time

Regards
Scot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.