Brisbane Expats

Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Steve,
It was a fantastic day, we couldn't have hoped for better!

migrantoz
No, we won't be watching, we have to work cos we are marshals - won't actually see the race till we get home and watch it on video, all apart from the little bit of track in front of us!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:47 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Uteology
Old Feb 9th 2004, 6:55 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

we'll be up for a meet anytime in March.We'll just go wherever we're told as will still be very new. I'd be happy to help with any organising required that doesnt need local knowledge.
Michaela
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:41 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We will come along too - we enjoyed the last one. Wynnum was a good place as we had plenty of room and the kids had lots to keep them occupied as well but open to any other suggestions. Only weekend in March we cannot make is 6th/7th.

Look forward to suggestions.

Dawn
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Be good to see you again Dawn; I think we can certainly rule out that weekend, hopefully we'll find one at the end of March that suits the majority??
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Be good to see you again Dawn; I think we can certainly rule out that weekend, hopefully we'll find one at the end of March that suits the majority??
We may have to rule out the last weekend in March for us, might be off to the UK depending on flights.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:50 am
Home and Happy

How about aiming at the 21st then? Any objections?? And if the likes of Billy haven't made it here by then, don't panic, there WILL be another one
Suggestions of a venue someone? As Wynnum is fenced off and may not be usable (nothing to do with our last meet of course....!!!) .
Lots of nice seashore parks up Redcliffe/Woody Point way - any views on that?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:02 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

How about aiming at the 21st then? Any objections?? And if the likes of Billy haven't made it here by then, don't panic, there WILL be another one
Suggestions of a venue someone? As Wynnum is fenced off and may not be usable (nothing to do with our last meet of course....!!!) .
Long way for Karen from Tweed Heads & anyone coming from Western suburbs Polly, I know its nice up there, but at least Wynnum has the advantage of being more central.

That particular part of the park is fenced off for now, not sure how long til they finish it, but it sounds like it will be excellent when its done, they are adding a *water* park section (ie not slides or anything). If its done by then it would be great but if not the rest of the foreshore is still open, even the pool is still open, so we could try along a bit further if it suits everyone.

My only other suggestion (if no-one wants to try for the cruise/daytrip type idea) would be SouthBank, it just means that people have to drive into the city & everyone will have to pay for parking.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:17 pm
Home and Happy

Yeah, you're right Mrs D, I was just trying to be fair to people like Dotty who requested a meet on the northside....( )

South Bank is good, especially for kids, though I don't think I'd get the Bloke there - having said that I think he has us lined up to go racing most weekends till Doomsday anyway! (only kidding dear, honest - keep forgetting you read the forum now!)
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:27 pm
Rocket Scientist

Karen & Al have a much longer drive to get here than any of the sunshine coasters, my guess is the best part of 2 hrs from Tweed Heads to Wynnum or the city. I think to add another half an hour to that is a bit cruel.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 4:41 pm
WBB

cheers polly, if we are there we will come along but don't plan around us as we are still up in the air.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
That particular part of the park is fenced off for now, not sure how long til they finish it, but it sounds like it will be excellent when its done, they are adding a *water* park section (ie not slides or anything). If its done by then it would be great but if not the rest of the foreshore is still open, even the pool is still open, so we could try along a bit further if it suits everyone.
Not sure how long the wading pool is out of action but I will try and find out.

There are other parks along Wynnum esplande - but obviously with no water. There is a park - Glenora I think - just down from the wading pool that has good parking, loads of open ground, a descent park and good BBQ facilities.

We would be happy wherever, though a cruise may be a bit expensive for 6 of us. Are they expensive?

Steve
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

No, we won't be watching, we have to work cos we are marshals - won't actually see the race till we get home and watch it on video, all apart from the little bit of track in front of us!
You lucky thing. I went to Albert Park last year but I was 2 weeks late for the Grand Prix. I did get to see the rubber on the track at the end of the start/finish straight and wonder wistfully what it would have been like to be stood there for the race.

How did you get to be chosen as a marshal? Is it a case of who you know?
Keep your eyes peeled for bits of flying cars, a track marshal was killed a couple of years back at Melbourne when Jaques Villeneuves wheel (I think it was his wheel) came off in a crash and hit him. When I watch the race I'll see if I can spot you.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:52 am
Home and Happy

Yeah. I was there spectating when the poor marshal was killed; my Bloke was marshalling that year.
Very simple to become a marshal - go along to your local race track and talk to the guys doing it there. They organise all the training and stuff, and issue licences, etc
If you're in the UK have a look at www.barc.net or in Oz www.cams.com.au

Good fun, and a cheap way of seeing some racing!
Old Feb 10th 2004, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough

My only other suggestion (if no-one wants to try for the cruise/daytrip type idea) would be SouthBank, it just means that people have to drive into the city & everyone will have to pay for parking. [/QUOTE]

Southbank sounds good to me...loads to do...but reserving the BBQ will be hard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.