Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Has anyone been to a gig there?

What's it like?

Is the sound good, do you get a good view of the stage?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:19 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future
Default Re: Brisbane Entertainment Centre

I've been there for a charity function ran by the Cerebral Palsy League called
Boardroom Blitz' a kind of battle of the bands, about 10 bands formed from local companies, and there was an 80's theme. It was all very corporate, but it was hosted by Angry Andrerson and it was an awesome night out.

I remember thinking how on earth did they make the bands sound good, and I'd put that down to the acoustics of the place and a decent sound system. It's big, but I'd say it would be a great venue for a professional gig. If only the Police had played there rather than the Suncorp..
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else going out there to see Kiss in March?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena

What's it like?

Spose it's a bit like the manchester or newcastle arena really good views from near the stage but sort of binocular country if ya get plonked near the back.Must say we much prefer gigs when they're on at the River stage outdoor venue !
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:32 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Spose it's a bit like the manchester or newcastle arena really good views from near the stage but sort of binocular country if ya get plonked near the back.Must say we much prefer gigs when they're on at the River stage outdoor venue !
But for some gigs, it's worth it, for the experience of being there!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
But for some gigs, it's worth it, for the experience of being there!
If its the gig you WANT to see you'll watch them anywhere anyhow so really it's immaterial what the venue is like to me personally whether it be the albert hall or the village hall !
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:52 am
Home and Happy

If its the gig you WANT to see you'll watch them anywhere anyhow so really it's immaterial what the venue is like to me personally whether it be the albert hall or the village hall !
Exactly! Don't care where, as long as it's the right music
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:15 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianandhelena

What's it like?

Been there to see Oasis and the Wiggles, the sound was great on one and not so good on the other ... I'll leave you to work out which

Seriously, it's a bit like Wembley Arena, they can vary the size though to make it a bit more 'intimate'.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Been there to see Oasis and the Wiggles, the sound was great on one and not so good on the other ... I'll leave you to work out which

Seriously, it's a bit like Wembley Arena, they can vary the size though to make it a bit more 'intimate'.
Oasis for the bairn obviously but the Wiggles for YOU ! I have got the wrong impression mate sorry
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:27 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Oasis for the bairn obviously but the Wiggles for YOU ! I have got the wrong impression mate sorry
Quite partial to 'Captain's Magic Buttons' actually, but they didn't play it
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lara_jane is an unknown quantity at this point

It's ok. Went to see Snowpatrol last October. They were awesome! highly recommend seeing them. I think that if you are not standing down in the main bit, you should try and get seats at the back, looking directly at the stage. The ones at the side are on angles (obviously!), not coming out how I mean in writing . If you go near the side and near the stage, you are likely to get a restricted view. Anyway Enjoy!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice

Where is this place?

I have been trying to find it, i must admit not very hard though!
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

I haaaaate the BEC! I've been a few times to see live acts, but have given up with it. It's such a corporate venue, I hate the atmosphere, and it's a mission to get in and out. Agree with Bobbyftm: it's like the Manchester Arena. And the RiverStage is great!
It would have to be a very very special act to get me back to the BEC again, and I would go begrudgingly

My favourite Brisbane venue is the Tivoli btw.

j
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenTea
Where is this place?

I have been trying to find it, i must admit not very hard though!
Boondall, north of the City
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Yeah went to see JT last year and going to see Matchbox Twenty in April. Not greatly different from large venues I been to in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.