Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Brisbane Curry Saviour

The Brisbane Curry Saviour

Old Oct 28th 2005, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Thumbs up The Brisbane Curry Saviour

Hi all,

We've been on the North side of Brisbane for 14 months or so and despite missing family haven't missed much else except a good curry!!

We have slowly been going through the Yellow Pages and trying different curry houses and by god have we eaten some utter crap!!!

Well, tonight we drove the 40 minutes from North Lakes to Birkdale on the south side because we had heard about a good curry house there. Well, would you believe they are from Birmingham and have opened a proper Balti house.

The food was to die for, the service was superb and the atmosphere was pretty good. The details are:

The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant
190 Birkdale Rd
Birkdale

Tel 38229822

The owners are called Naz (the chef) and his wife Rushna - they are lovely people. You will not be sorry!!!

Old Oct 28th 2005, 11:29 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Brisbane Curry Saviour

Originally Posted by Billabong
Hi all,

We've been on the North side of Brisbane for 14 months or so and despite missing family haven't missed much else except a good curry!!

We have slowly been going through the Yellow Pages and trying different curry houses and by god have we eaten some utter crap!!!

Well, tonight we drove the 40 minutes from North Lakes to Birkdale on the south side because we had heard about a good curry house there. Well, would you believe they are from Birmingham and have opened a proper Balti house.

The food was to die for, the service was superb and the atmosphere was pretty good. The details are:

190 Birkdale Rd
Birkdale

Tel 38229822

The owners are called Naz (the chef) and his wife Rushna - they are lovely people. You will not be sorry!!!

OH MAN That was a secret !!! JEEEZ..... Tell everyone...

( I second it - its true - its good )
Old Oct 28th 2005, 12:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Billabong, us baysiders have known about it since day dot & its been recommended by a few of us a couple of times before - pity you live on the wrong side of the tracks buddy .
Old Oct 28th 2005, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

And i live about 4 km down the road from it and funnily enough have never been there. Not want of trying you understand but my husband prefers Thai so that is where we always end up
Old Oct 28th 2005, 1:51 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Unycorne
And i live about 4 km down the road from it and funnily enough have never been there. Not want of trying you understand but my husband prefers Thai so that is where we always end up
In which case, have you tried Thai Times in Capalaba? I reckon it is pretty good (and is run by the brother in law of the man who runs the Little Indian Palace in Cleveland, which was recommended to me by an Indian chap I have worked with in town. That family also run the Indian down in Wellington Point.

Cheers.

DagBoy
Old Oct 28th 2005, 5:28 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi all,

190 Birkdale Rd
Birkdale

Tel 38229822

Billabong,
I could have killed for a proper curry when I was visiting Bris.

Now that's what I call paradise, living in Oz and a Balti.

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Hey Mrs D. It's taken the prospect of a good curry for us North siders to slum it on the south side
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:56 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mrs D. It's taken the prospect of a good curry for us North siders to slum it on the south side
Nah, we're just glad you live over there & havent dragged this area down to your level .

(Next time you are over at the restuarant look out for some of the people from this forum & the BBB forum, most of them are regulars )
Old Oct 29th 2005, 10:48 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

190 Birkdale Rd
Birkdale

Tel 38229822

Lol!! Hubbys reply when i shouted your post through to him in the other room was,,,,,ya beauty
Next Saturdays dinner taken care of

Donna.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DagBoy
In which case, have you tried Thai Times in Capalaba? \
Cheers.

DagBoy
Nah we normally go the the Thai Flower in Wello as it is within walking distance to the bottle shop and ohhhhh my bed however may give it ago next week
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:58 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

190 Birkdale Rd
Birkdale

Tel 38229822

i'll second that me ole mukka!

hope that you, anita and the family are doin well..... next time ya plan to eat there let us know..... would be great to catch up.....

much love

boomie
xx
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:17 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Nah, we're just glad you live over there & havent dragged this area down to your level .

(Next time you are over at the restuarant look out for some of the people from this forum & the BBB forum, most of them are regulars )
They might not drag it down but wait until us Gympie feral's invade for a good curry
Can any of you Baysiders tell me if your allowed in in your singlet and stubbies. I've got some black texters to draw thongs on my bare feet so no problems there

PS
Anita/Chris will try to get home at a respectable hour in future so we can give you a call
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:43 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey billabong

We went there tonight (pre booked a week + ago) for 8 of us and they remembered you.

'bloody ferral people from up north'......

nah seriously they spoke fondly of the poms who drove 40 minutes to get there.

Its great - food tongiht was superb the bill was 292$ for 8 people including loodas loadus lotus lasdus lostuf otsfsu louwdes loads of beer.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 11:05 pm
Banned

Willy Wonka is an unknown quantity at this point

Well god shines down,

I just hope it meets expectations as the day has just started and its a long drive and long wait for that curry.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 4:55 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

they are actually from wolverhampton, and having been to both the wolves one (my fave restaurant in wolves before i left) and the birkdale one, i can safely say they are both fantastic.

it a big drive to birkdale for me, but so very worth it.

anyone game enough to try the tindaloo??

Well, would you believe they are from Birmingham and have opened a proper Balti house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.