Wikiposts

Brisbane Bikers

Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future
Default Re: Brisbane Bikers

Have lots of fun on that when you get it and let us know how your training is going. When we get over there I'll definitely be up for some biking as well and after seeing that lovely photo of the bike you're thinking of, I can only say a big YEAH! to that. Looks brilliant. Can't wait to join you, we'll be biking to see each other in no time.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:51 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by YoSemite
So..... where are you all??

you might like to keep off the roads around brisbane for the next wee while, as I've just got my motorcycle learners permit, my training begins next friday (ON THE ROADS!!) and will shortly be off to purchase a bike.

So once I pass, who's up for taking a bit of a spin??? And any recommendations on a decent beginners bike (I was thinking along the lines of a honda CB or CBR[for that extra sporty look])

Don't forget your organ donar (spelling KEBAB ?) card...

"Let's be careful out there"

CORKER
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

jayjd12.....

yes there is a bike hire company in brisbane.... http://www.ozmoto.com

they have BMW K1200RS, BMW F650 GS, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150GS, Suzuki SV650, Yamaha XV1100, Honda VT250.

VT250 starts at $140 for 24 hours, K1200RS tops out at $265 for 24 hours.... all bike unlimited K's.

KarmaGirls....
yes well... hurry up and get out here will you!?!?!?!

Corker...
I wont (forget my card)..... and I will (be carefull!)
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Smile Re: Brisbane Bikers

Originally Posted by YoSemite
jayjd12.....

yes there is a bike hire company in brisbane.... http://www.ozmoto.com

they have BMW K1200RS, BMW F650 GS, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150GS, Suzuki SV650, Yamaha XV1100, Honda VT250.

VT250 starts at $140 for 24 hours, K1200RS tops out at $265 for 24 hours.... all bike unlimited K's.

KarmaGirls....
yes well... hurry up and get out here will you!?!?!?!

Corker...
I wont (forget my card)..... and I will (be carefull!)

Cheers for that, have found my little "easy rider" through them! Check out the Yamaha XV1100, cruising here we come!!

http://www.ozmoto.com/bikes.htm
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:49 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Hiring looks like the closest i'll get for a while now - I'll have to put a Beemer on my list to Santa to hire for a week or two
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

So now that you've got me thinking about biking, I've been looking into doing my motorcycle practical here before I go. The question I have (and I'm sure someone on here will know the answer) is this: If I have a full motorbike license here, when I get to Queensland, what do I do? Is it just the same as with your car license? Do you just do another theory test and then get your license, or do you just do the theory test you have to do for your car license anyway and this also counts for your biking license?
Anyone who has any experience of this please let me know. I figure if it's easy to just swap over I may as well do the training here, if not I may as well wait.
Thanks!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by karmagirls
So now that you've got me thinking about biking, I've been looking into doing my motorcycle practical here before I go. The question I have (and I'm sure someone on here will know the answer) is this: If I have a full motorbike license here, when I get to Queensland, what do I do? Is it just the same as with your car license? Do you just do another theory test and then get your license, or do you just do the theory test you have to do for your car license anyway and this also counts for your biking license?
Anyone who has any experience of this please let me know. I figure if it's easy to just swap over I may as well do the training here, if not I may as well wait.
Thanks!
Have you checked out the prices for training in Oz as opposed to here? I think the training ranges here from about £300 - 500 for training and test on a 500cc, this enables you to ride any bike. I think they have also set this test to be only valid if you are older than 21????
Are there any restrictions relating to age or engine size in OZ for newly qualified riders, is a question also to find out!

I am sure I have read that Motorcycle licenses are just swapped over, hopefully someone in the know will answer this and the other ????s in this thread.

Cheers
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jayjd12
Have you checked out the prices for training in Oz as opposed to here? I think the training ranges here from about £300 - 500 for training and test on a 500cc, this enables you to ride any bike. I think they have also set this test to be only valid if you are older than 21????
Are there any restrictions relating to age or engine size in OZ for newly qualified riders, is a question also to find out!

I am sure I have read that Motorcycle licenses are just swapped over, hopefully someone in the know will answer this and the other ????s in this thread.

Cheers

Hiya,
Yeah the price I have here is £570 for the full package and thats the DAS route so that you have no restrictions on your license. I'm over 21 and therefore I can go straight to this. I'm a driving instructor anyway so I'm imagining my theory test etc should be fine. I can do the DAS course beginning on Monday if I want!! Madness. Basically it takes around 4.5 days to complete and then you can do your tests as far as I'm aware. Sounds really good. Yosemite told me though that it's only like $330 in Oz to do it and it's only like 6 hours or something? Not sure what to do. Sort of thinking of doing it here so it's just out the way for when I get there.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:13 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Thanks!
It's five theory questions which are so easy they are really worthless.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Hi
Hubby has just done a course with a firm called Morgan & Wacker. He never had a bike licence in Uk & has just bought a KTM 640. He did the theory & paid $330 for a one day couse, but they ran out of time on the day & he had to go back yesterday to do 2 hours on the road assesement & now he's passed. Think it was another $90 yesterday, but that seemed a bit of a con.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing my course with M&W as well....

they did tell me that the minimum training is 6 hours, but to expect 8. first 6 hours $330, each additional hour $48. I'm expecting to pay for about 8-10 hours as well.