Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

meeting at the DOME

meeting at the DOME

Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default meeting at the DOME

can anyone tell me what the meeting is like at the DOME in Hillarys...i know it happens on thurs at 12...but is it just for woman or can men go??? and what is the purpose of it all
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meeting at the DOME

Originally Posted by paulrachel
can anyone tell me what the meeting is like at the DOME in Hillarys...i know it happens on thurs at 12...but is it just for woman or can men go??? and what is the purpose of it all
Its just a get together for coffee, its particularly useful for those that have just arrived. You will realise that most people go through what you are going through and they can point you in the right direction for things you might need to know. I have only been along once because I had to take my satan like youngest child and felt extremely out of place, they are all lovely girls though. I have heard quite a few folk on here that have taken husbands along.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:23 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Its just a get together for coffee, its particularly useful for those that have just arrived. You will realise that most people go through what you are going through and they can point you in the right direction for things you might need to know. I have only been along once because I had to take my satan like youngest child and felt extremely out of place, they are all lovely girls though. I have heard quite a few folk on here that have taken husbands along.
so was it a good place to make new friends??? i was going to go today but had to wait for a delivery!! the weather put me off too...cor blimey it knows how to rain here!! might pop down next week...let u know what i think.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:33 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
and what is the purpose of it all
To meet new people, share experiences and get involved I would think! Friends can't be ordered, they need to be made and cultivated.

I hope you try it and like it, it may change your opinion of Perth once you have found a few friendly faces!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:17 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

We all meet at 12pm at the dome in Hillary's every Thursday. Its a great place to meet new people, share experiences, get help and advice and make the odd friend.

There are the those who go every week (like me!) and some just drift in and out

It is mainly ladies but husbands and kids are more than welcome.
Come along and give us ago
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:24 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
We all meet at 12pm at the dome in Hillary's every Thursday. Its a great place to meet new people, share experiences, get help and advice and make the odd friend.

There are the those who go every week (like me!) and some just drift in and out

It is mainly ladies but husbands and kids are more than welcome.
Come along and give us ago
I'll be sure to come down after I arrive in Nov. (Not that I am new to Perth as such but after being away for 7 years, it sure feels that way).

I see you have a Robbie avatar - have you heard his new song 'Rudebox'? Definately an aquired taste

Anyway, sounds like a great idea - meeting up on Thursdays - nice for the new people
Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:54 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Must say, had a really nice afternoon yesterday at the meet up!
Loads of new faces and we were all chatting away - well some of us were - couldn't get a word in edgeways with Chef69's missus lol!
Lovely to meet you all and hope that you enjoyed it too! It can be a bit hard at first when you don't know anyone - it just takes time.
Anyone else who wants to come are more than welcome!
I know it's not the most child friendly place, but maybe we could look into that and try to find somewhere that is - if anyone has got any suggestions please share.
Tracey
Old Jul 28th 2006, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Must say, had a really nice afternoon yesterday at the meet up!
Loads of new faces and we were all chatting away - well some of us were - couldn't get a word in edgeways with Chef69's missus lol!
Lovely to meet you all and hope that you enjoyed it too! It can be a bit hard at first when you don't know anyone - it just takes time.
Anyone else who wants to come are more than welcome!
I know it's not the most child friendly place, but maybe we could look into that and try to find somewhere that is - if anyone has got any suggestions please share.
Tracey
Hey Tracey,
Thats not really fair, lol, Tracie from the Kellys was talking a lot more than I was. By the way I,m the Chef69 not my other half.
It was lovely to meet all of you and I will be there next week,talking more than I was this week. Ha Ha. That just happens to some people when they are nervous. By the way see you on Mon.if you can remember to bring your earplugs or a gag to stop me talking.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky for you guys I was on the other side of the table as I'm rather talkative!!

Good to see you again Chef69. And nightnurse2 maybe we'll eventually meet sometime.

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hey Tracey,
Thats not really fair, lol, Tracie from the Kellys was talking a lot more than I was. By the way I,m the Chef69 not my other half.
It was lovely to meet all of you and I will be there next week,talking more than I was this week. Ha Ha. That just happens to some people when they are nervous. By the way see you on Mon.if you can remember to bring your earplugs or a gag to stop me talking.
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Looks like I missed good meet up! Son is home for next 4 weeks but will try to get there this week,
Love sal x