Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane arrival. Where to stay?

Brisbane arrival. Where to stay?

Old Aug 25th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brisbane arrival. Where to stay?

Ideas wanted please!

We had been planning to stay with friends, but they have now sold their house and will be in Victoria when we arrive, mid October.

We need somewhere for the first few days, or longer, to find our feet, buy a car etc. There's me & OH, plus 16yo daughter. A family type hotel or holiday rental perhaps would be nice.

If anyone has any recommendations of where to try, or an area to look in, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks, Q
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Brisbane arrival. Where to stay?

Originally Posted by quercus
Ideas wanted please!

We had been planning to stay with friends, but they have now sold their house and will be in Victoria when we arrive, mid October.

We need somewhere for the first few days, or longer, to find our feet, buy a car etc. There's me & OH, plus 16yo daughter. A family type hotel or holiday rental perhaps would be nice.

If anyone has any recommendations of where to try, or an area to look in, I'll be very grateful.

Thanks, Q
www.hopemanor.com
we stayed here in february this year, had a fantastic time, so handy for the centre and the couple who ran it made us feel so welcome.
Would stay again and would highly recommend it.
Check out the web site for more details.
isle
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

Ideas wanted please!

Thanks, Q

Where about's in Brisbane are you heading? Brisbane is a pretty big place!!Will it be Brisbane central or the surrounding areas?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Ideas wanted please!

Thanks, Q
Have you had a look at:

http://www.seqrents.com.au

There are lots of furnished and non-furnished rentals in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast to choose from.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Aug 26th 2007, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Ideas wanted please!

Thanks, Q
Manhatten on Newstead is excellent, we have stayed there and found it to be excellent.

We will be there from 2nd October for three weeks.

http://www.seqrents.com.au/man/index.htm

Bobby
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bobbyfaescotland
Manhatten on Newstead is excellent, we have stayed there and found it to be excellent.

We will be there from 2nd October for three weeks.

http://www.seqrents.com.au/man/index.htm

Bobby
Hi,

We also stayed at Manhatten on Newstead for our first week in Oz and couldn't fault it, would recommend it for sure

Selina
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:21 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Ideas wanted please!

Thanks, Q
We are arriving on the 4th September and are staying here

We did have a nice big house sorted out with a friend of a friend that was visiting the UK, he then changed his dates, which buggered us up!

We researched extensively when booking this and found it to be the cheapest, yet offering the most for the cost.

HTH
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Ideas wanted please!

Thanks, Q
Holiday Inn or a major hotel in Brisbane is ideal for the first few days, to get over jet lag, sort out all your finances and plan where to go next.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Hello and thanks guys, for those suggestions. I'm in the process of checking them all out. Not all have my dates available, including Manhatten, sadly.

I'm certainly going to need a few days recuperation when we get there. My sleep's suffering even now, with the anticipation!

I'll let you all know what we book. Thanks again, Q
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:28 am
UK to Brissy - August 07

smoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nicesmoggieswilltravel is just really nice

Hi

Just thought that I would let you know about car buying. We're just bought a car and after looking the best place by far is Marooka Mile on Ipswitch Road in Brisbane. Someone on BE told us about it.

Don't know about where to stay but I would say that the best place to choose would be as near to where you think you want to settle, that way you can crack on with sorting stuff out, rentals are thin on the ground so hit that one first.

Good luck