Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Area - Car service - Trusty Mechanic

Brisbane Area - Car service - Trusty Mechanic

Old Dec 23rd 2013, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Brisbane Area - Car service - Trusty Mechanic

Hi, i live the North side, my car, it could do with a check over, oil and filter change, maybe front brake pads, just and general service and safety check, preventative maintenance etc. Anyone know of a trusty mechanic or someone you have used and would recommend.

I used to have a guy in the UK, dropped it off, he would run everything by me prior to any work carried out.

If you have used or know someone, i would be much appreciative, i do not want to take it to a main dealer, or a kwik fit type center.Thanks
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Area - Car service - Trusty Mechanic

Try Tony at Mr Rotary , he's at Everton Park , he did an outstanding rebuild of an RX7 Fc3c motor for me or Grant at Mercury Motorsport , they used to tune a WRX I had , well , they're both good shops.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 12:04 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
If you have used or know someone, i would be much appreciative, i do not want to take it to a main dealer, or a kwik fit type center.Thanks
FJ Manning Motor Repairs, stafford. Exactly what you are looking for. My old neighbour recommended the place to me, as he has been friends with the owner for many years. I think the owner's son now runs the place.

In my experience you'll get a fair price, for sure.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Aal's Workshop, Everton Hills 3353 9707 - he's excellent, very reasonable and will contact you with a quote before doing any repairs.
Old Dec 24th 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BASHO
Try Tony at Mr Rotary , he's at Everton Park , he did an outstanding rebuild of an RX7 Fc3c motor for me or Grant at Mercury Motorsport , they used to tune a WRX I had , well , they're both good shops.
Thankyou, very much...Merry Xmas
Old Dec 24th 2013, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by asprilla
FJ Manning Motor Repairs, stafford. Exactly what you are looking for. My old neighbour recommended the place to me, as he has been friends with the owner for many years. I think the owner's son now runs the place.

In my experience you'll get a fair price, for sure.

Old Dec 24th 2013, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Aal's Workshop, Everton Hills 3353 9707 - he's excellent, very reasonable and will contact you with a quote before doing any repairs.
Old Dec 28th 2013, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I switched from a main dealer to ktas. They service on Saturdays which was the main attraction for me. They do just as good a job in my opinion and cheaper too.
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

http://www.midas.com.au/

Anyone ever used the above in Albion? $150 bucks for an oil and filter change and a once over i guess? Is that a fair price or is it expensive?

Also what would you expect to pay for front brake pads renewal?

Thanks