Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Airport

Brisbane Airport

Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice
Default Brisbane Airport

Can any one tell me if any of the suburbs are affected by noise from the airport, and if so which ones.

Thanks

Brickie
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:37 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Brisbane Airport

Originally Posted by brickies wife
Can any one tell me if any of the suburbs are affected by noise from the airport, and if so which ones.

Thanks

Brickie
Gettin in quick with an early response, but from what I can gather (never been), Brissie airport is built pretty much in a strip of land with no houses aorund. It appears to be right at the point where the river meets the sea. Might be worth having a look on 'google earth' and zooming right in to see whats what!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 5:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Gettin in quick with an early response, but from what I can gather (never been), Brissie airport is built pretty much in a strip of land with no houses aorund. It appears to be right at the point where the river meets the sea. Might be worth having a look on 'google earth' and zooming right in to see whats what!
We are in Aspley, can watch the planes landing from here, and sometimes hear them but not enough to notice. The neighbours lawnmower and dog are louder, as is the railway line. Used to be in Clayfield, which is probably the closest really residential suburb, but you wouldn't have known the airport was there.
It really is out on a bit of reclaimed land, with almost all approach paths over the sea. Noisiest time aircraft-wise is late at night in summer when you sometimes (but rarely) hear the engines running ro a couple of minutesbefore takeoff, or when there's a storm and they can't approach over the sea.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We are in Aspley, can watch the planes landing from here, and sometimes hear them but not enough to notice. The neighbours lawnmower and dog are louder, as is the railway line. Used to be in Clayfield, which is probably the closest really residential suburb, but you wouldn't have known the airport was there.
It really is out on a bit of reclaimed land, with almost all approach paths over the sea. Noisiest time aircraft-wise is late at night in summer when you sometimes (but rarely) hear the engines running ro a couple of minutesbefore takeoff, or when there's a storm and they can't approach over the sea.

Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:46 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Brickie
Pinkenba, Fisherman Island, Whyte Island. You'll only be disturbed if you live at the Caltex or BP refineries of the Port of Brisbane grain/container terminals.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Brickie
I work in Hemmant and they get quite loud there
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Brickie
For info on a lot of burbs you can look on www.ourbrisbane.com.au
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:12 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
I work in Hemmant and they get quite loud there
....but seeing Hemmant is mainly a light to heavy industrial zone, I don't think the noise would quite matter that much.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:20 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Or work at Eagle Farm...we can tell when the pilots get the approach wrong you can hear the throttle(?) changes and we all just look at each other in shock ...but no houses...will only ever be an industrial zone
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Thanks

Brickie

My daughter goes to school in Cannon Hill and she says they are so loud the teachers have to stop talking when the planes fly over.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Bloke
....but seeing Hemmant is mainly a light to heavy industrial zone, I don't think the noise would quite matter that much.
It only really those roads as you drive in from port of brisbane that are industrial once you go past the train station there loads of houses , still a crap area anyway
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
My daughter goes to school in Cannon Hill and she says they are so loud the teachers have to stop talking when the planes fly over.
Another problem that the Gov't should address by soundproofing the classrooms. BTW, has anyone raised the issue of this with Dept of Education through the P&C Assn?
Old Aug 19th 2006, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by tabby
It only really those roads as you drive in from port of brisbane that are industrial once you go past the train station there loads of houses , still a crap area anyway
Its that I have only really ever used the main drag to the port, so I was assuming that the whole area was like that.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

we live in woolloongabba.....

planes either fly along side our house, or right over the top of it.... I think I've noticed it maybe once or twice, and that was just after we moved in.

the possom in the tree next door, and the bats across the road make more noise!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:58 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

We can watch them come and go but don't really hear them. I work in Eagle Farm and we don't really notice them indoors but obviously you can hear them outdoors. Be interesting to see what all of the people think who buy the new apartments at Hamilton when it's developed and the planes are coming in over there to land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.