British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Brisbane 457 or Adelaide STNI? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/brisbane-457-adelaide-stni-298315/)

purple rain Apr 22nd 2005 3:59 pm

Brisbane 457 or Adelaide STNI?

Any opinions?
I am a nurse hubby is a prototype sheetmetal worker by trade, currently working as a quality auditor. We have a daughter (14) and are looking to be in Oz in Sept. I don't mind where we go hubby wants to go for job prospects....thing is we could go to Adelaide on STNI (PR) but havent got enough points to do PR for Brisbane so would have to go 457 temp any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

fraser Apr 22nd 2005 4:06 pm

Re: Brisbane 457 or Adelaide STNI?

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Any opinions?
I am a nurse hubby is a prototype sheetmetal worker by trade, currently working as a quality auditor. We have a daughter (14) and are looking to be in Oz in Sept. I don't mind where we go hubby wants to go for job prospects....thing is we could go to Adelaide on STNI (PR) but havent got enough points to do PR for Brisbane so would have to go 457 temp any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

STNI everytime as it's PR which means you get medicare and all other benefits the same as an Australian

Rooksie Apr 22nd 2005 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
STNI everytime as it's PR which means you get medicare and all other benefits the same as an Australian

what he says!! :D

purple rain Apr 23rd 2005 7:30 am

is that even sacrificing brisbane??????

fraser Apr 23rd 2005 8:09 am

Originally Posted by s/nurse
is that even sacrificing brisbane??????

Of course in 2 years you can go to brissy, With the other one you can't be certain of anything and you'll have to be re-aplying for visas.

Rooksie Apr 23rd 2005 8:19 am

Of course in 2 years you can go to brissy, With the other one you can't be certain of anything and you'll have to be re-aplying for visas.

or going home ultimately!!! :eek:

fraser Apr 23rd 2005 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Rooksie
or going home ultimately!!! :eek:

Good morning my little petal :D

Rooksie Apr 23rd 2005 8:30 am

Good morning my little petal :D

hi mate. forgot to mention yesterday that gerard packed his job in yesterday!! oh whooppeee :(

GM rang him last night at half eight when he was pi**ed which was pretty bad timing id say!! :rolleyes:

fraser Apr 23rd 2005 8:34 am

hi mate. forgot to mention yesterday that gerard packed his job in yesterday!! oh whooppeee :(

GM rang him last night at half eight when he was pi**ed which was pretty bad timing id say!! :rolleyes:

Pray tell :D PM me if you must

Chris Mitchell Apr 23rd 2005 8:37 am

other thing on the 457 which has implications with children is that you have to pay for their education!!!

Guess it depends on your situation and where you want to be, but my understanding is PR is the one to go for.

Chris

Rooksie Apr 23rd 2005 9:02 am

Pray tell :D PM me if you must

i'll email you later mate- sausage sarnies gonna burn!!! :o

fraser Apr 23rd 2005 9:11 am

i'll email you later mate- sausage sarnies gonna burn!!! :o

That's it I'm starving now. We're of to our weekly pilgrimage to sainsburys :(

bridiej Apr 23rd 2005 9:15 am

Yep, totall agree! :)

Rooksie Apr 23rd 2005 9:28 am

That's it I'm starving now. We're of to our weekly pilgrimage to sainsburys :(

now that is my idea of HELL. sainsburys and 3 kids in tow!!!! nightmare!! and on a saturday ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh homer simpson style!!!!

fraser Apr 23rd 2005 11:00 am

now that is my idea of HELL. sainsburys and 3 kids in tow!!!! nightmare!! and on a saturday ARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh homer simpson style!!!!

2 unless you think I'm the third :p We managed to drop a bottle of SE Oz shiraz at the checkout :rolleyes: