In Brisbane on 176 Visa

Wikiposts

In Brisbane on 176 Visa

Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

adeelak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In Brisbane on 176 Visa

Hi BE Mates,

Atlast I have an ADSL connection setup at home in Brisbane.Done all the tasks per scribed by the settling docs. I just have two quick question
1) In 176 application mentioned 35k AUD but brought 15k due to exchange rate.Do I need to transfer all amount in 28 days ? Pound is trading 1.90 today
2) what is the best(cheapest) way to transfer pounds from London to Brisbane ?

thanks a lot

KHAN
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:26 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Brisbane on 176 Visa

Hi Khan,

I'm pretty sure no one will check how much money you have brought with you - so don't worry. If i were you i would leave the money in the UK until the exchange rate becomes more favourable (if it ever does!). Of course if you need the money to get settled then you have little choice, but no one will check.

Good luck.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adeelak
Hi BE Mates,

Atlast I have an ADSL connection setup at home in Brisbane.Done all the tasks per scribed by the settling docs. I just have two quick question
1) In 176 application mentioned 35k AUD but brought 15k due to exchange rate.Do I need to transfer all amount in 28 days ? Pound is trading 1.90 today
2) what is the best(cheapest) way to transfer pounds from London to Brisbane ?

thanks a lot

KHAN
Is there any rule that you have to bring exactly same amount of money as declared in the 176 SS application?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

adeelak is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=aman_sharma2k1;7934993]Is there any rule that you have to bring exactly same amount of money as declared in the 176 SS application?[/

I thought it might be an obligation ,but dont know it yet.needs some help regarding this from the MODS.......................
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=adeelak;7935087]
Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Is there any rule that you have to bring exactly same amount of money as declared in the 176 SS application?[/

I thought it might be an obligation ,but dont know it yet.needs some help regarding this from the MODS.......................
no..this is not obligation....obligation is to stay and work in that state for 2 years!!

By the way..when u arrived OZz? What's ur profession? Any luck with job? How u feeling there? From which country u r?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you need help from the moderators? We are not migration agents. You can either check with the sponsoring state or DIAC if you are unsure, or alternately contact a migration agent if you are looking for professional advice.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:32 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=aman_sharma2k1;7935247]

no..this is not obligation....obligation is to stay and work in that state for 2 years!!

By the way..when u arrived OZz? What's ur profession? Any luck with job? How u feeling there? From which country u r?
Asking yourself questions?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=The Bloke;7935523]

Asking yourself questions?
did not get you!!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:57 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=aman_sharma2k1;7935559]
Originally Posted by The Bloke

did not get you!!
Ah!!! I see my mistake. If you read the post #5, it looks like you're your quoting yourself.

Last edited by The Bloke; Sep 15th 2009 at 11:03 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=The Bloke;7935580]

Ah!!! I see my mistake. If you read the post #5, it looks like you're your quoting yourself.
I got your confusion..Looks like adeelak messed up while replying to my post
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:12 pm

[QUOTE=aman_sharma2k1;7935597]

Don't worry mate. To give you the background, there have been instances in the past of posters doing Q & A with themselves under multiple usernames, or answering their own posts.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:57 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry mate. To give you the background, there have been instances in the past of posters doing Q & A with themselves under multiple usernames, or answering their own posts.

Yep, and some of them don't even bother with multiple user names !
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by asprilla
Yep, and some of them don't even bother with multiple user names !
That was the other guy quoting me. For some reason the quotes are totally out of whack on this thread. Just checked on another thread and the quotes are working like they should. IB might have gliche in the system somewhere.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:11 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

That was the other guy quoting me. For some reason the quotes are totally out of whack on this thread. Just checked on another thread and the quotes are working like they should. IB might have gliche in the system somewhere.
heh heh.. i know, I was just on the wind up.

When the quotes get out of whack, its usually because someone has done a manual edit and accidentally deleted a '[', or something.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:27 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=The Bloke;7935612]

Just wondering..what would have they achieved by doing so?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.