Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisband/Queensland research

Brisband/Queensland research

Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:27 am
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisband/Queensland research

Hello, we are just about to start the application process and are prob going to go the State Sponsorship skilled independant route as we are 5 points short. We have some time to do some in depth research on where we intend to settle and wondered if anyone could recommend some good websites for researching Queensland. My hubby is a maintenance electrician and we have two children aged 9 and 13. Many thanks, Jane
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisband/Queensland research

Originally Posted by stumo
Hello, we are just about to start the application process and are prob going to go the State Sponsorship skilled independant route as we are 5 points short. We have some time to do some in depth research on where we intend to settle and wondered if anyone could recommend some good websites for researching Queensland. My hubby is a maintenance electrician and we have two children aged 9 and 13. Many thanks, Jane
Plenty of good info on here - just read back through a few pages.

www.ourbrisbane.com is good for the city itself.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

As Pollyanna says, ourbrisbane.com is great, but I'm not sure that you get state sponsorship from QLD to settle in the Brisbane metropolitan area. You might want to check that out.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:29 pm
Telford Tigers fan

stumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond reputestumo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cookiestar
As Pollyanna says, ourbrisbane.com is great, but I'm not sure that you get state sponsorship from QLD to settle in the Brisbane metropolitan area. You might want to check that out.
Thanks for that, if we were sponsored by Queensland, why would they put restrictions on where we lived? Cheers
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I could be wrong, but from my reading of Booklet 6 on immi's website, I took it that you couldn't settle in Brisbane metropolitan area or the Gold Coast. I may have misunderstood this, and I have, hopefully someone will correct me.

Presumably they put restrictions on where you can go, because they want people to move to areas where the skills are most required.

Edited to add - I really don't know much about state sponsorship because we've applied for a 175 not a 176 visa. I think I'm mistaken about the restrictions and I'm thinking of the Regional Skilled visa. Apologies.

Last edited by cookiestar; Jan 8th 2009 at 3:39 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:52 am
Telford Tigers fan

Originally Posted by cookiestar
I could be wrong, but from my reading of Booklet 6 on immi's website, I took it that you couldn't settle in Brisbane metropolitan area or the Gold Coast. I may have misunderstood this, and I have, hopefully someone will correct me.

Presumably they put restrictions on where you can go, because they want people to move to areas where the skills are most required.

Edited to add - I really don't know much about state sponsorship because we've applied for a 175 not a 176 visa. I think I'm mistaken about the restrictions and I'm thinking of the Regional Skilled visa. Apologies.
I'll certainly check with our migration agent anyway just to be sure, thanks for your input.