Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bringing in biscuits in luggage

Bringing in biscuits in luggage

Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Bringing in biscuits in luggage

I know I could google and find the answer, but to be honest, I"m knackered and battered from saying my goodbyes today before we fly on Sunday.

We have several packets of Tunnocks caramel logs and caramel wafers as leaving presents. Can we bring them in in our hold luggage? As long as we declare them?

Answers on a postcard please!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:57 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing in biscuits in luggage

Originally Posted by cookiestar View Post
I know I could google and find the answer, but to be honest, I"m knackered and battered from saying my goodbyes today before we fly on Sunday.

We have several packets of Tunnocks caramel logs and caramel wafers as leaving presents. Can we bring them in in our hold luggage? As long as we declare them?

Answers on a postcard please!
Yep, as long as they are in sealed packets
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Perfecto. Otherwise I would have to make myself sick by eating them all now
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure with Brisbane, but the Caramel wafers are for sale in Coles in Melbourne.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

For real? That's good to know.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I came back from UK recently with a large supply of Asda's Fig Roll Biscuits for my hubby (sad, I know) and had no problems, in fact because we had put down on our arrivals card that we had food items we went through a different and much quicker line at customs at Melbourne!

Sam
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:22 am
ABCDiamond

Just make sure you do DECLARE them. Otherwise the consequences are time consuming and may be costly...

Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:09 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark View Post
Not sure with Brisbane, but the Caramel wafers are for sale in Coles in Melbourne.
They are sold in Coles up here in Cairns too
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:36 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Also can report they are for sale in Coles in Kings Medows, Launceston
Old Aug 29th 2009, 7:16 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sammy T View Post
Hi

I came back from UK recently with a large supply of Asda's Fig Roll Biscuits for my hubby (sad, I know) and had no problems, in fact because we had put down on our arrivals card that we had food items we went through a different and much quicker line at customs at Melbourne!

Sam
Your right there. We declared Marmite and Devonshire fudge also prescription medicans and our card was stamped and we just walked through.

You seem to clear Customs much quicker if you have something to declare than not.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ray2gill View Post

You seem to clear Customs much quicker if you have something to declare than not.
We are supposed to keep that quiet, otherwise everyone will do that, and slow down the fast lane

Old Aug 29th 2009, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sammy T View Post
Hi

Sam
I'd have been nervous of this one, as it contains fruit. Biscuits, chocolates etc. usually fine, but the moment any hint of fruit or meat is involved, they get jittery & want to chuck it away. Though at least if it's declared, if they did check it, they could tell you if it's ok or not.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have to join the something to declare queue anyway, as I'm bringing in prescription meds, so it's good to know that it's sometimes faster.

We're checked in for our flight now
Old Aug 29th 2009, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all

You definatley for sure can bring food into the country, just arrived back from the UK myself, last monday, I brought 6 big tubs of bisto gravy, several tubs of Birds custard, 2 very large boxes of PG tips, and many packets of biscuits. Declared them on the card, directed to go through a separate line, no problems, told them which cases they were in didn't check them. carole
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:08 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twizzle View Post
I'd have been nervous of this one, as it contains fruit. Biscuits, chocolates etc. usually fine, but the moment any hint of fruit or meat is involved, they get jittery & want to chuck it away. Though at least if it's declared, if they did check it, they could tell you if it's ok or not.
Should be OK. I have brought in sealed Christmas Puddings before now, fruit and all

Little tip for people bringing in a lot of declarable stuff - make a list as you pack then you can refer to it, and even show it to Customs and AQIS - that way you don't forget anything, and they can see you are aware of the need to declare stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.