Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bring your winter woolies!!!!

Bring your winter woolies!!!!

Old Jun 27th 2004, 11:20 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Bring your winter woolies!!!!

MINUS THREE DEGREES CENTIGRADE in the middle of Sydney this morning (Smithfield). Definitely "Bad weather for brass monkeys" weather! :scared:

The other thing to remember is that you will acclimatise when you come out - after about 12 months you'll feel the cold even more than you do in the UK.

Bring ALL your cold / wet weather clothing. You have been warned!

BTW, that -3oC was at 07:30 this morning - the sun had been up for quite a while....
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:24 am
Just Joined

PopeyeDoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrived in Sydney about a month ago - wish I'd packed some warmer clothes in my suitcases instead of in with the stuff waiting to be shipped out! Bugger.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:26 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by PopeyeDoyle
I arrived in Sydney about a month ago - wish I'd packed some warmer clothes in my suitcases instead of in with the stuff waiting to be shipped out! Bugger.
Welcome to sunny Sydney (and the forum!)

Bloody taters, innit?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring your winter woolies!!!!

The other thing to remember is that you will acclimatise when you come out - after about 12 months you'll feel the cold even more than you do in the UK.
after suffering -20 a few years ago in the uk. -3 is not so bad. but your right, bring some jumpers and jackets. oh and the quilts here are crap !!!!! if u can bring your own, DO !!!!!
the kids did moan about the cold last night, i didnt notice it.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:45 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by downunderpom
Welcome to sunny Sydney (and the forum!)

Bloody taters, innit?
Thanks a lot - (bit parky at night!) Even had to go out and buy a gas heater for my flat!

Any reccomendations for drinking places in Sydney? Just looking for somewhere to go to escape the horrors of Aussie TV...
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot - (bit parky at night!) Even had to go out and buy a gas heater for my flat!

Any reccomendations for drinking places in Sydney? Just looking for somewhere to go to escape the horrors of Aussie TV...
where in sydney are u?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:05 am
Just Joined

I'm in Kirribilli. Stand in front of the Opera House, look across the water, and there's my flat!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

I'm in Kirribilli. Stand in front of the Opera House, look across the water, and there's my flat!
ah so thats your house. i see u havnt bothered to decorate since u got here
any RSL club is a good place to get a drink and easy to meet peeps too.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by soapy
ah so thats your house. i see u havnt bothered to decorate since u got here
any RSL club is a good place to get a drink and easy to meet peeps too.
Cheers - 'scuse my terrible ignorance, but what is an RSL club?
Do you need to sign up as a member, or can you just wander in for a drink?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:17 am
Master of verbal pish©

its like a working mans club. u can join anytime just cost u about 8-11 bucks for the year. just do a search on google for one in your area.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

its like a working mans club. u can join anytime just cost u about 8-11 bucks for the year. just do a search on google for one in your area.
http://www.kirribilliclub.com.au/
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:20 am
I like kittens.

Originally Returned Servicemen's League clubs. (Digger's Clubs).

Stay away from the pokies (poker machines). They're addictive!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:20 am
Just Joined

http://www.kirribilliclub.com.au/
Thanks soapy - much appreciated.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:24 am
Master of verbal pish©

Thanks soapy - much appreciated.
some clubs have gyms, pools, fishing and golfing too. its a great way to meet. there might be better ones in your area.
downunderpom is right stay away from the machines. but theres loads more to do. the food is great and dead cheap too.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Thanks all - I'll go and check out the Kirribilli one this evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.