Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To bring or not to bring that is the question?

To bring or not to bring that is the question?

Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default To bring or not to bring that is the question?

Hi just spoke to my sister in Australia.
she has told me to bring everything down to the rugs and cushions.

How much does one of the containers cost please? and is it worth starting over again with new stuff or cheaper to bring your own?

Cheers for any answers

Lace xxx
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: To bring or not to bring that is the question?

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi just spoke to my sister in Australia.
she has told me to bring everything down to the rugs and cushions.

How much does one of the containers cost please? and is it worth starting over again with new stuff or cheaper to bring your own?

Cheers for any answers

Lace xxx

Yep your sister is right, bring everything, wish i did
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you miss it all now?

She says there is nothing familiar around her so it is harder for her to adjust.

I am lookinf for some prices of containers then if anyone knows

thnak
hugs
LAce x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 7:59 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Lacey
Don't know if it helps you but a 20ft from Birmingham to Adelaide is £3500.00
door to door incl customs clearance
Carole
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers Carole, thats what I was looking for if it would be better for us to bring our stuff or just sell it and leave it here. I have a nice kitchen table and settee but I don't know if it would be worht that much lol.

Is it cheap to buy furniture in Australia?

cheers

Lace x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:05 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

we're having a part container (672 cu ft to be exact!) and it's £3115 to Bunbury via John Masons.

We are taking most things but not everything as our shipment wont arrive til February time and I cant imagine being without some things for all those months...
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh thanks B,
it's a lot of money that, oh, and congrats on the visa honey
cheers
lace x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by lacey21
Oh thanks B,
it's a lot of money that, oh, and congrats on the visa honey
cheers
lace x

I guess it seems a lot but we worked out the cost of replacing our items for the insurance and it was over £12,000. :scared:
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks bridiej,
I am looking at all the furniture now just seeing if it is worth taking over I think I might get some quote's from some companies

hugs Lace x
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

We had 5 quotes, bit of a pain , but you get lots of advice from them. We are going with PSS, £2039, for 560 cubic feet, shared container, from London to Perth, that for a two house 2 adults and one child. That was our cheapest quote and they come highly recommended on this forum.
Hi, Bridie, how you doing?
Nicola
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:26 am

PSS must have been having a bad day when I contacted them then, they quoted us loads more than JM!!!

Nicola, will send you an email
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Take as much as you can, its not as cheap as you think over here, especially when you have stuff in the uk that will do you perfectly well in Aus, just make sure its clean!!!

Get the jeyes fluid going!!
Old Sep 8th 2005, 12:56 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Take as much as you can, its not as cheap as you think over here, especially when you have stuff in the uk that will do you perfectly well in Aus, just make sure its clean!!!

Get the jeyes fluid going!!
I was gonna sell as much as I can, but I like the idea of fimiliar things around me, so maybe will revaulate the situation.

Good thread,,
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Brisben
I was gonna sell as much as I can, but I like the idea of fimiliar things around me, so maybe will revaulate the situation.

Good thread,,

I THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING THE LOT ALSO, NEW LIFE NEW START AND ALL THAT, but glad the wife talked me out of it.

It is good to have familliar stuff around you, its a good feeling when it arrives, but honestly why waste money, you dont get the money back when you sell at the garage/car boot sale, have a clear out but do take the good stuff.

Good luck
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:01 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
I THOUGHT ABOUT SELLING THE LOT ALSO, NEW LIFE NEW START AND ALL THAT, but glad the wife talked me out of it.

It is good to have familliar stuff around you, its a good feeling when it arrives, but honestly why waste money, you dont get the money back when you sell at the garage/car boot sale, have a clear out but do take the good stuff.

Good luck

Thanks Bill, much appreciated, your words of wisdom...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.