Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brighton Meet up details

Wikiposts

Brighton Meet up details

Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:35 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Brighton Meet up details

I will probably come along and represent the wrinkly end of the visa hopefuls!

Coming down the A23 into Brighton - just where is the Sportsman pub? I can't find a football ground on the OS of Brighton & the Downs. Is it on the Northern outskirts, or towards the centre?

Life does get confusing sometimes...........
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Myself, hubbie (Rob) and Oli (aged 12 going on 20) hope to get down there, just have to persuade the old man to drive so i can down a few glasses of ozzy red

Nicki
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its on the northern edge of Brighton. Follow the A23 through Patcham, straight across the mini-roundabout, then the turning for Withdean Stadium is on the right, and it's sign-posted as that. Go under narrow railway bridge and you will see the pub and stadium. Large car-park outside the pub. If you get to Preston Park you've gone too far! The football ground is part of Withdean sports stadium/athletics track, so it may be on the maps as that.

Look forward to seeing you all!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:56 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Brighton Meet up details

Originally posted by Rog Williams

I will probably come along and represent the wrinkly end of the visa hopefuls!

Coming down the A23 into Brighton - just where is the Sportsman pub? I can't find a football ground on the OS of Brighton & the Downs. Is it on the Northern outskirts, or towards the centre?

Life does get confusing sometimes...........

Depending on 500 milllion things we may be able to make it and we will be the wrinklies of the day

sold my car today - they will let me keep it forthe next 4 weeks - one more off the list.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the directions, if i can i will be there !!

footie chick
Old Sep 26th 2003, 6:54 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyanna:

OkayDokayy! Thanks for the directions. Even I might find it now....
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:23 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

not going (would likto tho), but just curious how you will know each other? will you all be wearing corked hats?
I have this vision of 15 or so people all sat in this pub wearing corked hats!!!

only kidding!!!

sue
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I was a bit worried about 'recognising' people last time, but I just looked for a large group of rowdy people- found them straight away

Plus I will bring one of my Kanagroos and Koalas (stuffed variety of course) and sit them on the table. Look for the animal menagerie!

Look forward to seeing you all there.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:03 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The flag has hadto come down off the wall, so I might actually bring it this time. And if he promises to behave, I'll bring Trouser, the furry snake......!! (now you KNOW I'm nuts!!)
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
The flag has hadto come down off the wall, so I might actually bring it this time. And if he promises to behave, I'll bring Trouser, the furry snake......!! (now you KNOW I'm nuts!!)

Please tell me he hasn't actually been down someones trousers:scared: :scared: If so then don't bring him!!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:35 pm
Home and Happy

No, he's very well behaved and civilised!!! Bought him in Brisbane last year, and he's been everywhere - London, Amsterdam, Bristol, Worthing (?!); I just called him Trouser for a joke and it stuck!
Worst bit is, my sister's kids think he's great to play with, but I can't tell them his name.....!! The youngest is only 3, and would go to playgroup saying "My Auntie has a snake called Trouser" ..... and I wouldn't be popular!
Tried to attach him to the post, but it won't work so you'll have to wait to meet him!

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 26th 2003 at 11:37 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:39 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Pollyana
No, he's very well behaved and civilised!!! Bought him in Brisbane last year, and he's been everywhere - London, Amsterdam, Bristol, Worthing (?!); I just called him Trouser for a joke and it stuck!
Worst bit is, my sister's kids think he's great to play with, but I can't tell them his name.....!! The youngest is only 3, and would go to playgroup saying "My Auntie has a snake called Trouser" ..... and I wouldn't be popular!
What's wrong with WORTHING? my home town, can't wait to leave.

Slater
Old Sep 26th 2003, 11:54 pm
Home and Happy

Nothing wrong with it at all, in fact my best friend lives there, and I shall be basing myself there for my last 3 weeks in the UK, while saying goodbye to the family and stuff. Just seemed odd to be listing it with London and Amsterdam!
I just hope my mate realises the intense use that his computer will be put to whilst I'm there......!

Old Sep 27th 2003, 11:49 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

I'm definitely gonna be there. Having just found out that my bond money has been requested, and that a visa is imminent, I've come over all funny. Where last week I was chomping at the bit to go, now its become a reality it feels so overwhelming!! All of a sudden so many decisions to make.... wonder if I'm nuts in wanting to leave everything familiar and safe and head off to the other side of the planet, all on my own. :scared:
Think that spending some time in the company of like-minded mad folks will do me some good. Looking forward to meeting you all.

W.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 12:12 am
Home and Happy

Yeah, be good to see you Wanderlust. I found it great last time just being able to talk to people who had the same goal as me - and understood all the emotions,heartseeking and sheer terror! Knowing other people are going through exactly the same helps a lot!!
I'm in the last throes of the packing and have only one thought at present - "What the hell am I DOING!!!" I know its gonna be worth it, but EEEKKK!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.