Bricklaying

Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

PhilnKaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bricklaying

Hi All,
First time posting on site been nosey reading everybody else's posts and it's been really informative. I am a bricklayer and Wife is a hairdresser spoke to agent who say's we will have no problem in getting in just getting started not to good with paperwork it bogs me down but i don't want to pay an agent. Been waiting for the new assesment to come out so will be getting on with that through vetasses in near future. Been researching on net and feel Melbourne climate would suit me better for work mainly plus i like my seasons.
One question i have for any other brickies out there or other building trades is in blighty i am subbie working direct to main contractors is this done in Aus or is it all through Agency's. Jobs on jobsites tend to be hourly rates working for builders prefer pricework myself. Good luck to all which ever way you are going. Also would like comments on where is the best place to situate yourself for the building trade need to be near the work some websites can seem to contradict each other. Another question mainly for people already out there. My reasons for wanting to leave England is varied but my twin girls aged 6 are in a school that has non competitive sport( how the hell can that work) and the ideas of the system seem to infuriate me, I want them to have fun be active and enjoy there childhood like i did but this country seems hell bent on limiting that. Also our migration policies seems to be ruining our trade and i like doing a good job and getting paid well for it. Anyway i will stop there or i will just go on and on. please could you advise if we are really wanted by Aussie tradesman or would i be turning in every morning and having my snap in the van with little laughs to brighten the day this would not be great. We are prepared to just go out and give it a go rather than spend thousands looking into it just take the plunge and the money saved from research can get us home if need be. Thanks in advance everyone.