Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bricklayers south of Perth

bricklayers south of Perth

Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Default bricklayers south of Perth

Hello I was just wondering if there was any bricklayers south of Perth that can give us some information on what my husband would need once he arrives in australia to beable to work self employed , also an idea of what they are earning ... any info would be appreciated .. we are due to arrive 10 jul ..
Old Jun 26th 2006, 10:34 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bricklayers south of Perth

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Hello I was just wondering if there was any bricklayers south of Perth that can give us some information on what my husband would need once he arrives in australia to beable to work self employed , also an idea of what they are earning ... any info would be appreciated .. we are due to arrive 10 jul ..
Not sure of the exact details but a shovel to lean on would be top of the list i guess ????

( bump )
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

think you may find a trowel is more important !!

anyone with any more constructive answers would be appreciated

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Not sure of the exact details but a shovel to lean on would be top of the list i guess ????

( bump )
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We aren't there as yet, but hubby is a brickie and is looking at $280 a day to begin with. He'll need a TFN and ABN and full set of tools. I believe that there are courses/exams etc to take before the money goes up and they need to prove their work.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:15 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
We aren't there as yet, but hubby is a brickie and is looking at $280 a day to begin with. He'll need a TFN and ABN and full set of tools. I believe that there are courses/exams etc to take before the money goes up and they need to prove their work.

I would have thought self employed would be able to earn alot more. Depends on how good you are i guess, but I know some brickies that are earning over $100,000
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I would have thought self employed would be able to earn alot more. Depends on how good you are i guess, but I know some brickies that are earning over $100,000
You can earn a lot more, but to begin with it's approx $280 a day. You don't start earning that money from day 1
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the info ... gives us a bit more of an idea what to expect ..

Originally Posted by ohippy
You can earn a lot more, but to begin with it's approx $280 a day. You don't start earning that money from day 1
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Location: Formerly from Eastbourne, Sussex, now living in Coogee Beach, NSW
vaughanliz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, hope u don't mind me contacting you... but my partner is a bricklayer and we are thinking of heading to Bunbury in October. Could really use your advice when you get settled, if you wouldn't mind keeping in contact?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

tilinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vaughanliz
Hi, hope u don't mind me contacting you... but my partner is a bricklayer and we are thinking of heading to Bunbury in October. Could really use your advice when you get settled, if you wouldn't mind keeping in contact?
hi i am a bricklayer in bunbury if i can help let me know
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:37 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but how hard is it and time consuming to get required certificate to become a contractor and build houses. Hubby is a Contractor back here and wants to get into property developement and Bunbury was one area we thought looked nice.

Thanks for any info.

Nicky

Originally Posted by tilinoz
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

pm me with ur details and I will def keep in touch let u know what u need etc ..

Originally Posted by vaughanliz
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

if you dont mind helping I was wanting to know what my husband needs to once he gets there to get papers etc to become selfemployed also do they pay per day or per thousand ..

Originally Posted by tilinoz
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

tilinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

if you dont mind helping I was wanting to know what my husband needs to once he gets there to get papers etc to become selfemployed also do they pay per day or per thousand ..
they pay between $240/280 per day and $1 to about $1.30 per brick plus extras cant tell u about the rest as i am on a 457 visa and empolyed