Reload this Page >

bricklayer on my way to perth

Wikiposts

bricklayer on my way to perth

Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:12 am
Just Joined

gary.jepp is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool bricklayer on my way to perth

bricklayer heading 4perth:can anyone enlighten me.

Wife and I are off the Oz to live with our 2 children 5 and 2. Trouble is we don't know where to go! I have been to Adelaide and Brisbane, I prefer Brisbane. My wife's brother lives in Brisbane although he is in the UK at the moment and was supposed to be in Brisbane for when we arrived. Unfortunately now due to work opportunities in the UK he is probably going to stay he for 18 months. My wife has cousins and Aunties in Perth and we are now considering going there. Everyone we have spoken to who has been to Brisbane and Perth all prefer Perth by a mile. I am a bricklayer and hope I can find work in either place! Any comments

Last edited by gary.jepp; Apr 20th 2004 at 10:07 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bricklayer on my way to perth

Gary,
You don't say where you are but you can probably catch a train. Pretty cold laying bricks in Scotland though

Welcome to the site

Someone serious will be able to give you some pointers but can you ask more specific questions please. Cheers.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

way86 will become famous soon enoughway86 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by gary.jepp
bricklayer heading 4perth:can anyone enlighten me
good on ya mate
im also a bricklayer hoping to go to perth
hope the site agents aint so grummpy lol
good luck hope all goes well
Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:42 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to go?

Wife and I are off the Oz to live with our 2 children 5 and 2. Trouble is we don't know where to go! I have been to Adelaide and Brisbane, I prefer Brisbane. My wife's brother lives in Brisbane although he is in the UK at the moment and was supposed to be in Brisbane for when we arrived. Unfortunately now due to work opportunities in the UK he is probably going to stay he for 18 months. My wife has cousins and Aunties in Perth and we are now considering going there. Everyone we have spoken to who has been to Brisbane and Perth all prefer Perth by a mile. I am a bricklayer and hope I can find work in either place! Any comments!
Gary,
From what I've read on here over the last few months you can't get a bricklayer for love or money so don't think getting a job will be a problem for you wherever you go
Our OZ contingent can confirm if that is still the case when they wake up.
DUP - have you found one yet ?
Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Also a bricklayer hoping to go to brisbane (seem's like there's going to be a shortage in the uk ) anybody know what they pay a thousand (face brick ), and how much they pay per metre blockwork??
Old Apr 18th 2004, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help you with your questions,

just wanted to say " HI!!! ", and welcome to the forum...i'm sure you will get all the answers you need and more here, we're a great bunch, ya' know!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 10:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Just done a search and amongst the many threads that came up I think you guys will find this one interesting

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=builder:)
Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough

bricklayer heading 4perth:can anyone enlighten me.

Wife and I are off the Oz to live with our 2 children 5 and 2. Trouble is we don't know where to go! I have been to Adelaide and Brisbane, I prefer Brisbane. My wife's brother lives in Brisbane although he is in the UK at the moment and was supposed to be in Brisbane for when we arrived. Unfortunately now due to work opportunities in the UK he is probably going to stay he for 18 months. My wife has cousins and Aunties in Perth and we are now considering going there. Everyone we have spoken to who has been to Brisbane and Perth all prefer Perth by a mile. I am a bricklayer and hope I can find work in either place! Any comments
We emigrated to Aus in Sep 03 and lived in Melbourne for the first 3 months then came to Perth in Jan 04. WA is a great place to live and bring up a family. Real estate is booming and you won't have any problems finding work. The problem people have when building is the shortage of bricks. You go on a waiting list for delivery then when you know the delivery date organise a brickie or building firm well in advance to get the work done. Hope this helps and if you do come to Perth you won't be disappointed.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi There
We are in Perth, hubby is a brickie.
PM us if you want some info.
Joanne
Old Apr 18th 2004, 7:19 pm
Die Hard Freo Fan

Simmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Gary
I am in Perth and have various mates in different building trades and they always seem to do alright.....earn more money than me the buggers...Good luck to you ....
Old Apr 18th 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Can't see you having a problem getting work in Perth. We were there in January & the building trade is going crazy with all the new builds - new estates going up everywhere.

We are hoping that there will be work for hubbie on the back of that - he is a building services project engineer - HVAC - Air con to everyone else. Trouble is does not seem to be a job that is advertised or turns up much in agencies - but with all the building surely there must be something out there.

You will not have a problem!!!!

cheers

pockygoes