bricklayer jobs

Old Aug 20th 2005, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough
Default bricklayer jobs

Hi wondering if there is anyone out there working as a bricklayer south of perth or round about ..
was wanting to know what sort of wages they pay compared to uk and also is it true that the tax is way higher than the uk ..
Old Aug 20th 2005, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Re: bricklayer jobs

Hope this link helps but you should find all you need on this link
http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...Id=AlphaSearch
Good Luck
Jusk click on your trade
Old Aug 21st 2005, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Location: caerphilly, south wales, avonsleigh, melbourne as of 30/03/05!!!!
carloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the roughcarloubateman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Hi wondering if there is anyone out there working as a bricklayer south of perth or round about ..
was wanting to know what sort of wages they pay compared to uk and also is it true that the tax is way higher than the uk ..
hi guys,
hubbie is a builder, not in your neck of the woods though!(melbourne).
hes on $25 per hour, when he was talking about his wages to another compant the other night in the pub, he mentioned how many bricks he laid for that money & the guy laughed! said he should be on at least double. so guess who will be asking for a pay rise tomorrow!

louise
Old Aug 21st 2005, 6:29 am
superam74

Originally Posted by carloubateman
hi guys,
hubbie is a builder, not in your neck of the woods though!(melbourne).
hes on $25 per hour, when he was talking about his wages to another compant the other night in the pub, he mentioned how many bricks he laid for that money & the guy laughed! said he should be on at least double. so guess who will be asking for a pay rise tomorrow!

louise
Hi ,I'm a bricklayer & I'm getting £320.00/1000 (32p/brick) in somerset area.My sister in Melbourne says she knows a brickie whos getting a dollar a brick. So I reckon your husband should definately ask for a pay rise!
Regards ,Pete.

Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by superam74
Hi ,I'm a bricklayer & I'm getting £320.00/1000 (32p/brick) in somerset area.My sister in Melbourne says she knows a brickie whos getting a dollar a brick. So I reckon your husband should definately ask for a pay rise!
Regards ,Pete.

yes you can get a dollar per brick ........but you need to have a licence before you can sub-contract. and that takes time
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:48 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJL family
yes you can get a dollar per brick ........but you need to have a licence before you can sub-contract. and that takes time

hi, do you need a licence to sub-contract as a painter and decorator, does anybody know? (sorry to hijack the thread)

and, looking at jobs on the above website, under pay, it mentions 'award'. does anybody know what that means?

thanks

michelle
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Hi would also be interested to know what award means, (also sorry for hi-jacking thread)many thanx Lol
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi, do you need a licence to sub-contract as a painter and decorator, does anybody know? (sorry to hijack the thread)

and, looking at jobs on the above website, under pay, it mentions 'award'. does anybody know what that means?

thanks

michelle
painters and decoraters do need a licence to sub-contract.

if you just work for somebody the rate in the gold coast is about $20/hour.

award wages i think may be wrong but are usually union jobs for example john got offered a job , he had to work 5 days 6:30 till 2:30 and saturday 6:30 till 12:30 and after tax plus super and holiday pay he would come out with $950

Last edited by JJL family; Aug 21st 2005 at 10:05 am.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:20 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJL family
painters and decoraters do need a licence to sub-contract.

if you just work for somebody the rate in the gold coast is about $20/hour.

award wages i think may be wrong but are usually union jobs for example john got offered a job , he had to work 5 days 6:30 till 2:30 and saturday 6:30 till 12:30 and after tax plus super and holiday pay he would come out with $950

thanks for replying lesley. is john a painter and decorator?
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

you will need to contact the painters registration board www.prb.org.au if you intend to do painting work in WA, sub contract in south west you would be on 20/25 hr a lot more if you get your own work
Old Aug 21st 2005, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sara-anthony3108
Spoke with my brother , who knows the trade very well, and he told me a good brick layer earns in Perth,$1.25 per brick as the market here is buoyant, which makes them very wealthy. A good bricky will lay around 800 bricks per day.

Wish i was a bricky.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Gary & Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Spoke with my brother , who knows the trade very well, and he told me a good brick layer earns in Perth,$1.25 per brick as the market here is buoyant, which makes them very wealthy. A good bricky will lay around 800 bricks per day.

Wish i was a bricky.
The term 'good bricky' and '800 bricks per day' in my 25 years experience do not go hand in hand. Sure I've had some fast brickies up to 400 to 500 a day
but their work was spot on and neat.

I have a feeiling that the figures are for a 1+1, bricky and mate then 800 a day is possible but obviously the pay is split, normally 60/40.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 5:10 am
joveazey

Hi,

My husband is working as a brickie in Perth and is earning $200 per day. He has only just started and hasn't laid bricks for years so is really refreshing. There are always loads of brickie jobs in the paper and they are usually paying $250-$350 per day. Tax is about 26% I think, depending on what you are earning. As far as I know you don't need to have a licence to sub contract, you just have to have an ABN number (easy to get online) if you are going to be self employed.

Hope this helps

Jo

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for all ur info this has given us a good idea what to expect when we go .. that as long as we all pass our medicals !!

Originally Posted by joveazey
Hi,

My husband is working as a brickie in Perth and is earning $200 per day. He has only just started and hasn't laid bricks for years so is really refreshing. There are always loads of brickie jobs in the paper and they are usually paying $250-$350 per day. Tax is about 26% I think, depending on what you are earning. As far as I know you don't need to have a licence to sub contract, you just have to have an ABN number (easy to get online) if you are going to be self employed.

Hope this helps

Jo