Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Breaking my own rules

Breaking my own rules

Old May 29th 2004, 8:25 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Breaking my own rules

I've had this stupid superstitious thing that if I start looking at places to live in Oz etc, I won't get it.

I even taped 'Get a New Life - Queensland' and haven't been able to watch it in case we don't get the yellow envelope.

So is anyone else like this?

Or do I start preparing as if we're gonna go and start asking all the questions I have on Aussie life.
Old May 29th 2004, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Breaking my own rules

Originally posted by diddy
I've had this stupid superstitious thing that if I start looking at places to live in Oz etc, I won't get it.

I even taped 'Get a New Life - Queensland' and haven't been able to watch it in case we don't get the yellow envelope.

Or do I start preparing as if we're gonna go and start asking all the questions I have on Aussie life.
Nope, think you are on your own with that one lDiddy ol
Old May 29th 2004, 8:38 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enought.......thought I was bit mental.
Old May 29th 2004, 8:43 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I've never really thought that I wouldn't get the envelope.
Old May 29th 2004, 8:46 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

When I watch all these programmes it makes we want to go even more...............and it makes me realise that as a strong married couple(we have a brill relationship, and don't take life too seriously, but are sensible with it lol), with two great kids who are really up for the move, that we are going to make it over there....because we are going over with open minds, and want to change our way of life, but also know that Oz isnt 100% perfect, nowhere is...but it is a damn site better than where we are just now
Old May 29th 2004, 8:52 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Biggy,

We're in a similar situation. We've got three year old twins. We love Oz and know that we're gonna have a great life there. We're also realistic that it won't be one big holiday.

But coz we've worked for so long to get it, and I'm so desparate to get it that I find it hard to honestly believe we'll actually ever get it.

All we're waiting on are the Oz police checks and we've got 120 points, so we should be OK, but I still find it hard to believe that we're actually gonna get it.
Old May 29th 2004, 8:56 pm

Biggy,

We're in a similar situation. We've got three year old twins. We love Oz and know that we're gonna have a great life there. We're also realistic that it won't be one big holiday.

But coz we've worked for so long to get it, and I'm so desparate to get it that I find it hard to honestly believe we'll actually ever get it.

All we're waiting on are the Oz police checks and we've got 120 points, so we should be OK, but I still find it hard to believe that we're actually gonna get it.
LOL Ive got the bloody visa sticker in my passport and still cant believe that we r actually going...maybe once we are on the plane it will sink in.

Keep me posted on how u r doin

xxxx

If u use msn messanger and fancy keepng in touch I can send u my addy
Old May 29th 2004, 8:57 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Have faith Diddy,

You sound as if you've done everything you need to do to ensure you get the visas.

You're right in thinking there's a lot more to emigrating than getting the visa but if you've gone through all the effort to get this far there's no reason why you shouldn't make it the whole way to Aus.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress - and go watch that video, you'll have even more to look forward to!

Elaine M
Old May 29th 2004, 9:05 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Cheers guys. I'll keep you posted.

Don't use MSN messager, but I think you can send e-mails personally on this right?
Old May 29th 2004, 9:08 pm

Don't use MSN messager, but I think you can send e-mails personally on this right?

yeah u can e-mail on here
Old May 29th 2004, 9:08 pm

yeah u can e-mail on here
Old May 29th 2004, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by biggy
When I watch all these programmes it makes we want to go even more...............and it makes me realise that as a strong married couple(we have a brill relationship, and don't take life too seriously, but are sensible with it lol), with two great kids who are really up for the move, that we are going to make it over there....because we are going over with open minds, and want to change our way of life, but also know that Oz isnt 100% perfect, nowhere is...but it is a damn site better than where we are just now

It sounds like you have all the makings of a great life out here for your family.

Family life out here is unbeatable, kids have so many more options and it is a much healthier lifestyle where we are. We all do so much more sport/ activities than we did in the Uk, mainly because the climate allows you to. Kids are welcomed at restaurants and there are play areas all around.

Walking out last night we saw a wild Possum in the tree and fed him banana, where else can you do that? And I can drive a few k's up the road and watch the Roos jumping amongst the Cows which the kids love.

It isn't perfect, but it almost is for us!
Old May 29th 2004, 10:28 pm

Originally posted by tinaj
It sounds like you have all the makings of a great life out here for your family.

Family life out here is unbeatable, kids have so many more options and it is a much healthier lifestyle where we are. We all do so much more sport/ activities than we did in the Uk, mainly because the climate allows you to. Kids are welcomed at restaurants and there are play areas all around.

Walking out last night we saw a wild Possum in the tree and fed him banana, where else can you do that? And I can drive a few k's up the road and watch the Roos jumping amongst the Cows which the kids love.

It isn't perfect, but it almost is for us!
We so cant wait, my hubby works away from home at the moment, and we are so looking forward to being a family again......and just having fun at the weekends with the kiddies. The kids dont even mind the fact that they finish school here on 25th June and they should have 7 weeks holiday, but they start school on 13th July in Oz ....they can't wait to see there first roo.

Am glad the kids get welcomed in restaurants over there too.......I know its good to get out without them but they love going out for meals with us, but here there are very few places who will let them in in the evenings
Old May 30th 2004, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Its funny isnt it we never even considered for a minute we may not have got into Australia, we just planned and planned and waited for the day the visa arrived, which it did thankfully. You must always be optimistic and believe in yourselfs as i can see you already do which is good. Our motto was, if we dont get into australia we will go some where else We had just had enough of our day to day routines and needed change. Like you our kids where all for it and now no regrets 19 months we have been here and now love it more and more each day we are here.
It is perfect in its way here, suppose its different to the UK isnt it, but i love looking up and seeing this huge sky that goes on and on its unbelievable. Our friends and some family asked are we coming back to visit next year, i dont think so we have just spent 35 years there to much to see and do here now, told them they have to come to us, they will have a better time we know.
So chins up the day will come and the fun will start. Good luck all waiting
Joanne