Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brackenridge ~ whats it like?

Brackenridge ~ whats it like?

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Brackenridge ~ whats it like?

Hi all

Have been checking out some potential rental areas and keep being drawn to houses in Brackenridge.

Any Brackenridgers out there??

Bill
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Brackenridge ~ whats it like?

Re booted for the Aussies, morning
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
Re booted for the Aussies, morning
Mlbonner lives up that way........I'm sure she'll be along soon!
C'mon michelle, wakey wakey!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 11:04 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Have been checking out some potential rental areas and keep being drawn to houses in Brackenridge.

Bill
hey!! whats up with Mango Hill ya Traitor!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by madsad
Bracken Ridge from what I have seen of it is your typical suburb 25kms north of Brisbane CBD. On the one side you have the Gateway motorway and on the other the Bruce Highway so it is really close to all the major routes. I work with a few people that live in Bracken ridge and they like it there.

I have to agree with Madsad though - Mango Hill/North Lakes is very nice and only 10 minutes away!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mlbonner lives up that way........I'm sure she'll be along soon!
C'mon michelle, wakey wakey!

I'm here now (very busy at work so no time for BE other than a quick 5mins at lunch!!)

I like BR, been there 2 years. It is a 'typical' suburb, easy acess to motorways, the coast (5km away) shopping centres, schools, parks, 20km to the city (20mins by car off-peak, upto an hour during traffic - I tend to drive 15km in and catch the train from Albion), 2 train lines, a bus route, hinterland 10mins away etc etc.

I'm really short of time. If you do a search you'll find previous postings about BR by me, or PM and I'll do my best to get a more comprehensive reply to you asap!!

Cheers
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by madsad

Too many Rangers supporters in Mango Hill!!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:23 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Too many Rangers supporters in Mango Hill!!!
the cheek!! away ye go to Bracken Ridge then!! see if we care
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Hi all

Bill
My cousin lives there and whenever I visit her I feel like I'm on the set of Neighbours . All the houses look very neat and tidy, and it has a nice safe feel to it. However, whenever I have visited her, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of nightlife ie restaurants, cafe bars etc, (are you looking for somewhere lively or a nice suburb to bring kids up?) however, my cousin is not a drinker anyway (can you believe it! a teetotal Ozzie :scared so perhaps I am just missing the best bits.

There are a couple of nice beaches nearby, Redcliffe, and another beginning with S ... can't think of the name of it, (help someone) its very nice with Queenslander houses all along the front with a great fish and chip shop across the road and a water park for the kids.

If you need to know more specifics let me know and I'll give my cousin a ring and ask her advice.

WHEEZY
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
My cousin lives there and whenever I visit her I feel like I'm on the set of Neighbours . All the houses look very neat and tidy, and it has a nice safe feel to it. However, whenever I have visited her, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of nightlife ie restaurants, cafe bars etc, (are you looking for somewhere lively or a nice suburb to bring kids up?) however, my cousin is not a drinker anyway (can you believe it! a teetotal Ozzie :scared so perhaps I am just missing the best bits.

There are a couple of nice beaches nearby, Redcliffe, and another beginning with S ... can't think of the name of it, (help someone) its very nice with Queenslander houses all along the front with a great fish and chip shop across the road and a water park for the kids.

If you need to know more specifics let me know and I'll give my cousin a ring and ask her advice.

WHEEZY
Cheers Wheezy

Think it might be Scarborough you were thinking about.

We are just investigating areas before we go, but will wait until we get there and see the places before we commit.

Cheers

Bill (for your cousin)
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by WHEEZY

WHEEZY
There isnt a nightlife in BR really - thats what the city is for
Though you also have Cinemas, bowling, restaurants and pubs within 5-10mins. I cant quite like not living in the midst of it all, I work in the CBD and its nice to go home to somewhere quiet

There's a pub, takeaways, Indian and Chinese, Maccas, Blockbuster, Coles, Woolworths etc etc
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Cheers Wheezy

Think it might be Scarborough you were thinking about.

We are just investigating areas before we go, but will wait until we get there and see the places before we commit.

Cheers

Bill (for your cousin)
It was Sandgate ... hubby remembered.

Apparently, this place is an up and coming area, it has lots of original houses in the Queenslander style, these are where they are built sort of on stilts for want of a better description. Apparently its because of the hot weather Queensland has, raising them off the ground keeps them cooler. Anyway I shan't ramble on too much about the place as I am not too familiar with it. I'm sure somebody on here will be able to tell you more.