weemster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boxes from Uk to Aus

Hi All,

We have recently been granted our visas (175) and are now planning
our move.

Does anybody have any recommendations of services they have used to
ship boxes from the Uk to Australia ?

We are baseing our quotes on 20 large boxes (probably too many) and there
appear to quite a lot of costs not included with the companies we have looked at. Also the companies we are coming up with dont appear to do door to door.

Any help v.much appreciated.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:31 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Boxes from Uk to Aus

try freedom shipping they were ok door to door service
Old Mar 15th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently Stubbly-on-the-Minge. Soon to be Melbourne!!
Stilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the roughStilletto_rebel is a jewel in the rough

My 12 boxes were taken away last week by Anglo Pacific and is costing me £590. This includes charges for customs clearance, insurance and collection from my door and eventual delivery to my Australian address.

AP have been quite sloppy in that thay gave me Inventory sheets to fill out the day after my boxes were collected! Apparently these help ensure a hassle-free journey through Australian Customs. If I had known inventory sheets were required I would have done my own!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

berkandmath is an unknown quantity at this point

google a company called voovit.. havent used them myself but from looking into it they seem very cheap and do door to door
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:46 am
Chris

crispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nicecrispybacon is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stilletto_rebel
My 12 boxes were taken away last week by Anglo Pacific and is costing me £590. This includes charges for customs clearance, insurance and collection from my door and eventual delivery to my Australian address.

AP have been quite sloppy in that thay gave me Inventory sheets to fill out the day after my boxes were collected! Apparently these help ensure a hassle-free journey through Australian Customs. If I had known inventory sheets were required I would have done my own!
Hi there,
just had a quick look and see that you landed in oz at end of March. Hope all is going well for you. Me and OH are planning to fly out at end of August. We too will be shipping boxes only, our large furniture is too old and tatty to bother paying the shipping on. I just wondered how the service with AP went for you? Would you recommend them (other than lack of communication re inventory)? Cheers Christie n Paul
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

I used Anglo Pacific too and found them to be pretty good. We had ours shipped by slow boat (ie the cheapest!) in November and they arrived 7 or 8 weeks later with no problems.

They were helpful and friendly beforehand and gave us the inventory forms to fill in. I'd use them again if I had to.