Boxer Puppies

Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

kayla_jai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boxer Puppies

We have a 3 year old Female Boxer her name is Beau. We got her from a local breeder in Alexandra hills Brisbane. She came with pedigree papers. Not sure if the breeders we got Beau from are still breeding but definately worth a look.
Beau is Tan and White, she is a beautifull natured dog and BRILLIANT with our 18 month old daughter "best mates"
I will see if i can track down the breeder's contact details if Brsbane isn't too far for you to travel.
Hope you find DEREK soon
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:36 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kayla_jai
We have a 3 year old Female Boxer her name is Beau. We got her from a local breeder in Alexandra hills Brisbane. She came with pedigree papers. Not sure if the breeders we got Beau from are still breeding but definately worth a look.
Beau is Tan and White, she is a beautifull natured dog and BRILLIANT with our 18 month old daughter "best mates"
I will see if i can track down the breeder's contact details if Brsbane isn't too far for you to travel.
Hope you find DEREK soon
Cool, I'd appreciate that, thanku!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoke to a breeder who can supply with papers, for $1500, but the bitch is only 6 months old herself, to me thats wayyyyy too young to breed, anyone else any thoughts on that?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:30 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well yes, but I try to be polite
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Seasider
Well yes, but I try to be polite
Eh!?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

What I think of the "breeder" would not be suitable Sunday afternoon reading.

I agree with you; the bitch is still a baby herself. Your breeder's priority is maximising their returns.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:08 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just spoke to a breeder who can supply with papers, for $1500, but the bitch is only 6 months old herself, to me thats wayyyyy too young to breed, anyone else any thoughts on that?
That's way too young! $1500 seems like a lot of money too - we paid $800 each for our labs, or $850 with papers.

Insurance - it may be worth asking your vet, they'll know which ones pay out with the least amount of fuss.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:11 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Seasider
What I think of the "breeder" would not be suitable Sunday afternoon reading.

I agree with you; the bitch is still a baby herself. Your breeder's priority is maximising their returns.
Not good eh! Poor thing!
Old Feb 20th 2011, 6:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend had a pup from a 'breeder', left mum way too early, covered in fleas and near death if friend hadn't bought her for way more money than she should. I rang RSPCA and complained because said breeder was only using the dog as a cash cow. Last I heard, the dog was again pregnant, so someone else rang the RSPCA. Hopefully the bitch (breeder not dog) is going to be slapped hard.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

I got the most gorgeous boxer pup from a breeder in NZ,although I live in North Queensland. He came supplied with all that he needed for the plane trip ( a blanket that his mum had lay on, kind off like a comfort blanket for the pup. The breeder put in all sorts of info on boxers and wipes for his coat, some food also. We have always had boxers and the breeder vetted us carefuly before she let us buy the pup. We were sent photos of all the pups to choose the one we wanted once we had cleared her vetting.
He is now 2 and a half and still a beauty

Good luck with finding your new Boxer
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:47 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just curious, we have contacted two breeders already and so far, both have said they'd not supply the pup with it's pedigree papers as they simply don't have them. Is this fairly commonplace here in Australia? Also, does anyone know of any breeders no more than about 300km from Toowoomba? We were meant to get our new dog soooo much sooner than this, but the OH has finally agreed to go ahead, so now we just have to find our new wee man, he's got to be Tan and White, not too much white, and male, and we're gonna call him DEREK!!! LOL
'The certificate provides official proof that the dog is pedigree and has been registered with this body, (not your local council - which is an entirely different registration process).
The certificate lists information about the dog and its relatives for three generations! Details such as the dog's registration number, sex, official pedigree name, colour, date of birth etc are also included in order to identify the dog will be indicated on this certificate. The pedigree certificate will indicate championship status of the dog's parents and forebears' with CH in front of a dog's name.
In Australia, the dog's name has a prefix, which is the name of the kennel that bred the dog, then the unique name of the dog.
The first digit of the registration number will indicate, the state in which the dog was bred, i.e. 3 = Victoria.
Dogs that have been imported have a suffix to their name i.e. IMP NZ. = imported from New Zealand. Therefore the name would appear as: CH Kennel Name, Dog Name, IMP NZ.
Anyone can own purebred dogs registered on either the MAIN or LIMITED register. Naturally a puppy must be pure bred to be registered on either of these registers. This means both of the puppy's parents must have been purebred, registered dogs of the same breed.
There are several differences between the MAIN and Limited registers.
A dog on the MAIN register can be shown and bred from to produce pedigree puppies. The registered owner needs to be a VCA member to be able to show these dogs (i.e. exhibit at conformation shows or obedience events). The breeder needs to be a VCA member and have a kennel prefix
to have the dog's puppies registered officially as purebred/pedigree and obtain papers'.
A dog registered on the LIMITED register may not be shown or exhibited. Any puppies produced from or by this dog cannot be registered on either the MAIN or LIMITED registers. Dogs placed on the LIMITED register may be transferred to the MAIN register, with the approval of both the registered owners and breeders.
If puppies are advertised as having 'papers' this means they should be registered on either the MAIN or LIMITED register. This system applies throughout Australia, and it is the only registration process available.
If puppies are advertised for sale as being 'pedigree/ purebred, no papers' means the puppies are not registered.'

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 9:49 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG. 6 months?!!! Poor baby! And the breeder admitted that?
Ideal age is around 2-3 to breed. That's just inhuman.

Please ask for advice on Dogz online:
Forums here:
http://www.dolforums.com.au/

Main site:
http://www.dogzonline.com.au/
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey I have 2 dogs and they are insured with www.petline.com.au never had a ploblem claiming. $ 42 each per month.