Box A ticked

Old Jan 1st 2004, 7:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Box A ticked

We had our x-rays/meds yesterday in Saltdean, Brighton. The medical, was a lot more thorough than we were expecting, reminded me of my Army National Service medical. Dr Adams, was very friendly & professional (apart from spilling my urine sample over jenny's handbag!) & he ticked Box A for all of us.

Another hurdle out of the way.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

laverda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default meds

were not that far yet

what do they do in the medical??? as a smoker i lil bit worried lol

good luck
Old Jan 1st 2004, 11:09 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: meds

Originally posted by laverda
were not that far yet

what do they do in the medical??? as a smoker i lil bit worried lol

good luck
They take blood & urine samples, check eyes & eyesight, heart, chest, joints, gonads!, weight etc & ask loads of questions about your previous medical history plus take a chest x-ray. They ask if you smoke. I think that they are looking for serious conditions like TB or HIV/Aids & the majority of people would pass it with ease.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Default meds

thanks for that

not lot to be worried about then really. may give up smoking soon anyway but other than that seems pretty much what i had to do for a works pension...just piising on the spot is the hardest lol
Old Jan 1st 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Laverda, its alright you saying you will give up the fags. Doing it is anightmare.
I smoked 20/30 a day for at least 24 years, just loved my fags, couldnt go 10 minutes without one.

Puffed my last fag on 21/08/2003. bloody nightmare packing up, I was climbing the walls. My GP nagged me about packing up so I did, Sadly went from 9 stone to 10 and1/2 . Now she nags me about being overweight.

Give me a ciggie any day.
Old Jan 1st 2004, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Default smokinnn

so do you now smoke again???

ill only give up when i am ready....have to admit generlly only smoking as at work it gives me 5 mins to wander off and also gives me something to do..as for gp's...they will never be satisfied....
Old Jan 1st 2004, 8:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: smokinnn

Originally posted by laverda
so do you now smoke again???

ill only give up when i am ready....have to admit generlly only smoking as at work it gives me 5 mins to wander off and also gives me something to do..as for gp's...they will never be satisfied....
I heard that one from my Uncle who nearly died of a heart attack. After that he said he was ready.