Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Box hill and surrounding area

Box hill and surrounding area

Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:52 am
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about
Default Box hill and surrounding area

The second job that i went for an interview with is here. Really want to work for this trust. Is this and the surrounding suberbs a decent one to live in? Any to avoid around here?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:07 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Box hill and surrounding area

Originally Posted by di90
The second job that i went for an interview with is here. Really want to work for this trust. Is this and the surrounding suberbs a decent one to live in? Any to avoid around here?
What is wrong with Boxhill itself? - some very nice streets. You could look at anything around that area and surrounds - it will come down to what you think of the street and individual house.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

I have only passed through boxhill so can't really comment, from what I saw it looked ok. Although that poor woman and baby who were held hostage there yesterday was quite alarming http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...91-661,00.html
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:02 am
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by UK-2-OZ
I have only passed through boxhill so can't really comment, from what I saw it looked ok. Although that poor woman and baby who were held hostage there yesterday was quite alarming http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...91-661,00.html
oh dear - poor woman!! thanks for sharing though.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all

Dear me dont move there its like compton, that happens on a daily basis they just decided to make that one public!! Snigger!
I work in Box Hill, its not a bad place at all but I would rate it in terms of melbourne suburbs, average! It has a large chinese community which is evident but saying that there is some fantastic cheap asian restaurants. Nice residential areas, on th tram line, hospital, not far from the CBD, on the moornda highway close to the retail outlets. Its OK , in terms of a melbourne suburb!