Wikiposts

Bought my first flanno this weekend

Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:37 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bought my first flanno this weekend

Malc's got one of those, wondered where he got the idea from!! :scared:
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:40 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Though it was a piccy of the line up of dexys midnight runners!!

Hope you've got a pair of those really cheap rubber thongs to go with it Renth
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:41 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Wow!! At that price you can hack the sleeves off now and really look the part. Couple that with your baseball bat/pepper spray combo and you'll have to watch out for auditions in the new Mad Max movie.
I thought he was paying over the odds. I am sure you can get a 5 pack for $5.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Who said Aussies have no fashion sense...........
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:02 pm
Badge

The best thing about a flanno is that it keeps your warmish, wicks a bit of moisture away - if worn next to the skin, in the absence of synthetic fibres like the modern fleeces and wear-next-to-skin stuff, and unlike some of the modern fleece/wicking stuff, is strong enough to take a bashing.

With buttons down the front for ventilation, and sleeves you can roll up, you can't knock their durability..

I don't have a flanno, but I went out and bought myself a Hard Yakka shirt a month ago..for out in the yard this winter.I've been sticking it in the wash extra times to olden it up a tad..

badge

Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:32 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The French...but then they say that about the English as well

Alistair
Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:15 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Hey, these 'Flanno' things are like those padded checked shirts you get out of camping shops for 9.99 each. Well cheaper in OZ, cant wait to move over there. Do they come in different tartans and colours?

Dont know about thongs though, I dont think Ill look good with a checked shirst and a thong, would probably need to get my arse waxed first. :scared:
Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:03 am
Merlot

As long as you don't buy a UK Chav Burbury hat to complete the look.

Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:05 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by Merlot
As long as you don't buy a UK Chav Burbury hat to complete the look.

Drat! My evil plan to introduce Chav culture to Australia has been foiled by the Doctor.

However that does pose an interesting Question: Is there an Australian equivalent to the Chav? Please tell me there isnt
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:44 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Drat! My evil plan to introduce Chav culture to Australia has been foiled by the Doctor.

However that does pose an interesting Question: Is there an Australian equivalent to the Chav? Please tell me there isnt
Depends what you call a "Chav" as the Forum has had this debate before.

Some say the Posh Spice, bling bling thing. For me it is the muppet looking goons over here, you know the spotty faced lad that thinks he is Eminem, lots of gold, tracksuit, baseball cap and never worked a day in his life. Speaks like he has his mouth full, well grunts and usually has a not so classy Chavette with him.

Yep, have em in Oz, try NSW Central Coast and Western Sydney for starters (No disrespect to the nice folk that live that way though).

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think its the POMS, most women seem to mourn the loss of dressing up, style, nice clothes shopping, looking pretty not sweaty. And the husbands new found love of 3 stone weight gain, beer gut and new wardrobe of baggy shorts and singlets, (and flanno of course).

Last edited by jad n rich; Mar 21st 2005 at 8:17 am.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:22 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I think its the POMS, most women seem to mourn the loss of dressing up, style, nice clothes shopping, looking pretty not sweaty. And the husbands new found love of 3 stone weight gain, beer gut and new wardrobe of baggy shorts and singlets, (and flanno of course).
Since coming back to the UK, the last 12 months I have seen that as a rule, the POMs like to dress up in the latest fashion, whether it suits them or not or looks good or not. They dress up to go shopping, to the pub, wherever.

Very label driven over here than in Australia, I do miss the ability to dress in shorts and T-shirts, you don't have to think too hard when leaving the house. Never thought I would say that

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:48 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Merlot
Since coming back to the UK, the last 12 months I have seen that as a rule, the POMs like to dress up in the latest fashion, whether it suits them or not or looks good or not. They dress up to go shopping, to the pub, wherever.

Very label driven over here than in Australia, I do miss the ability to dress in shorts and T-shirts, you don't have to think too hard when leaving the house. Never thought I would say that

M
I'm a big believer in wearing what is good for you, not what is in fashion. I can't stand people wearing the latest in fashion just because everyone else is. You have to ask the question : if I wore this in 10 years time, would people laugh. Does it look good on me now?

An example. there was a time in the late 90s/early 00s when blokes wore their ''smart'' shirts out of their jeans - it just made them look shapeless and laddish. My wife hated that. She calls it the Bexleyheath look. Its not so bad now as the shirts are skinnier and cut that way.

One for the Sheilas. Girls are wearing big hair which frame their faces in a weird way, big sunnies which hide their faces. I hate that, it makes them all look very ordinary. I can't stand the current fashion, whats wrong with a well kept haircut or ponytail, or bob.

I can understand a need not to be SO unfashionable that you might not get asked back, or not get a job at an interview, but fashion, can't stand it

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Mar 21st 2005 at 11:59 am.

Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:16 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
I was in the Red Dot Boutique and saw the flannos were only $5.so thought to myself "I've got to get one at those prices"
You've been totally robbed - $5.70!!!!!! I bet your the type of person who buys lettuces at $3 too!

I bought a nice red one for $3 something years ago in a supermarket in NSW. Mind you with inflation that's probably more than $5.70 today lol. Years later, I still have it - but my cats own it now , very trendy cats they are too ( I use it as a cat blanket for them)

Bought one for hubby too ( blue one) , but as he has absolutely no fashion sense at all - he wouldn't wear it!! Gawd knows where it is today - it very mysteriously disappeared soon after I gave it to him.
I bought them for fishing in the winter nights to wear under our coats,so nobody saw me wearing my lovely fashion statement - pity , they are very trendy in some circles lol
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:52 pm
AC/DC!

Originally Posted by Ceri
You've been totally robbed - $5.70!!!!!! I bet your the type of person who buys lettuces at $3 too!

I bought a nice red one for $3 something years ago in a supermarket in NSW. Mind you with inflation that's probably more than $5.70 today lol. Years later, I still have it - but my cats own it now , very trendy cats they are too ( I use it as a cat blanket for them)

Bought one for hubby too ( blue one) , but as he has absolutely no fashion sense at all - he wouldn't wear it!! Gawd knows where it is today - it very mysteriously disappeared soon after I gave it to him.
I bought them for fishing in the winter nights to wear under our coats,so nobody saw me wearing my lovely fashion statement - pity , they are very trendy in some circles lol
I wonder if I can get one in my family tartan.!!! A 'McRae' flanno. I think Im onto somthing there. Theres a business opportunity if ever I saw one.
They would obviously cost more, say $5? But then youre not just buying any old flanno youre buying an Identity! Whos in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.