Bought a car

Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough
Default Bought a car

anyone interested in buying a car. We bought an X-Trail from Duncan Nissan pre arrival. When we arrived, it was ready and fantastic. insurance was easy to arrange even though we knew no one here and had no address.

If you want any info such as contacts or prices let us know.
Its great.
Mr Iggy
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:25 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bought a car

Originally Posted by igual
anyone interested in buying a car. We bought an X-Trail from Duncan Nissan pre arrival. When we arrived, it was ready and fantastic. insurance was easy to arrange even though we knew no one here and had no address.

Its great.
Mr Iggy
Mr Iggy
That is the car we are considering! But in Brisbane. Did you get new or second-hand and how much are they "really" going for?
My kids want the model with the DVD players in the back seats! I think that is the Ti-L and only recently released.

Andrew
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:05 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrew63
Mr Iggy
That is the car we are considering! But in Brisbane. Did you get new or second-hand and how much are they "really" going for?
My kids want the model with the DVD players in the back seats! I think that is the Ti-L and only recently released.

Andrew

I want an x-trail too!!! DO you mind telling how much you paid for it?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:02 pm
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Its great.
Mr Iggy
Hi
Was there tax to pay on top of the price quoted on the website? We are hopign to buy a Kis Sorrento and they seem cheap on the OZ website but not sure what taxes they add on????

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

The X-Trail is a great car. My only fault with it would be the lack of a lumbar support, but this may just be something I have to get used to as my old car had one.
MY X-Trail was a TI-L model with rear spoiler, alloys, large sunroof and full leather interior. It looks really smart. We also got reverse park sensors, roof bars, cargo mat and blind, a full tank of fuel and a perth street guide for $39000. The prices you see on the web are a lot lower than you get. We had a dealer delivery fee of $1500, GST of $3275, and stamp duty of $2438.82.
We also got a years rego ($535) chucked in.

Hope this helps

Nick
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

This is the car with optional Fiona attachment. Value around a fiver! Wheres a low bridge when you need one!!

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Bought a car-pic12.jpg  
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Mr Iggy

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

We got the Nissan X-Trail Ti-L from Nissan Metro in Brisbane (170 Ludwyche Road). There is the option of the sunroof version or the DVD version. We went for the Sunroof version, but they both cost the same. We haggled and got everything, and I mean everything thrown in, cargo mats, cargo covers, err the wire thing to partition of the cargo area from the rest of the car (for the dogs), the reversing beeper radar (starting to regret that already, damn annoying ), the lot. Got them down to $40000, on the road.

If you need any more details PM me. They are lovely cars, though I may be biased having spend the first two weeks driving an 8 year old rental toyota corolla with squeaky steering and a habit of shuddering above 80Km/h, ANYTHING would seem good. The X-trail is a joy. We just didn't get the DVD version cos we've got no kids, so no need for that yet.

Cheers,
JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Aug 26th 2004 at 1:18 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hi Andrew,

We got the Nissan X-Trail Ti-L from Nissan Metro in Brisbane (170 Ludwyche Road). There is the option of the sunroof version or the DVD version. We went for the Sunroof version, but they both cost the same. We haggled and got everything, and I mean everything thrown in, cargo mats, cargo covers, err the wire thing to partition of the cargo area from the rest of the car (for the dogs), the reversing beeper radar (starting to regret that already, damn annoying ), the lot. Got them down to $40000, on the road.

If you need any more details PM me. They are lovely cars, though I may be biased having spend the first two weeks driving an 8 year old rental toyota corolla with squeaky steering and a habit of shuddering above 80Km/h, ANYTHING would seem good. The X-trail is a joy. We just didn't get the DVD version cos we've got no kids, so no need for that yet.

Cheers,
JTL
Jack
Just to let you know our reversing beeper beeped constantly at first. We took it back, fixed it. Much better now.

Nick
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Jack
Just to let you know our reversing beeper beeped constantly at first. We took it back, fixed it. Much better now.

Nick
Yeah, I am taking it back for its 1000Km check up next week anyway, so I am going to point out that snag, and the slightly loose handbrake as well. But overall, lovely car.

JTL
Old Aug 29th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

lee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nicelee/jane is just really nice

The X-Trail is a great car. My only fault with it would be the lack of a lumbar support, but this may just be something I have to get used to as my old car had one.
MY X-Trail was a TI-L model with rear spoiler, alloys, large sunroof and full leather interior. It looks really smart. We also got reverse park sensors, roof bars, cargo mat and blind, a full tank of fuel and a perth street guide for $39000. The prices you see on the web are a lot lower than you get. We had a dealer delivery fee of $1500, GST of $3275, and stamp duty of $2438.82.
We also got a years rego ($535) chucked in.

Hope this helps

Nick

Leather interior must be a nightmare out in OZ. I've got leather in my car now and I would never have it again. Cold in the winter and burnt legs in the summer.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bluebristolian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Bought a car

Its great.
Mr Iggy
Hi,

Any idea if it is normal for cars in OZ to have Air Con. We are going to Melbourne and I'm still deciding if it's a good idea to import my Golf Gti (without Aircon).

Cheers,

BB
Old Aug 29th 2004, 7:28 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bluebristolian
Hi,

Any idea if it is normal for cars in OZ to have Air Con. We are going to Melbourne and I'm still deciding if it's a good idea to import my Golf Gti (without Aircon).

Cheers,

BB
Its pretty normal to have air con & believe me even in Melbourne in December & January you really need it.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 8:00 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lee/jane
Leather interior must be a nightmare out in OZ. I've got leather in my car now and I would never have it again. Cold in the winter and burnt legs in the summer.
Hiya Lee/jane,
We had a transport car at work with leather seats & it put me off them as well.
Not only are they cold in the winter, even with heated seats, but in the summer you burn your bum. Pluis they get all sweaty!!!

Now half leather seats are much better! Leather on the sides, with cloth where you park your bum!

Bye
Mark
Old Aug 30th 2004, 8:02 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

This is the car with optional Fiona attachment. Value around a fiver! Wheres a low bridge when you need one!!

Nick
Sending a fiver as soon as I have your bank details! <g>

FWIW we have bought in advance a Honda CRV, normal price OTR about $44k: we offered $38k to include the luggage screen and it was accepted. So quickly I think I overpaid! But a new version is coming out very soon.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 8:53 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Sending a fiver as soon as I have your bank details! <g>

FWIW we have bought in advance a Honda CRV, normal price OTR about $44k: we offered $38k to include the luggage screen and it was accepted. So quickly I think I overpaid! But a new version is coming out very soon.

Anyone have experience/costs of the Kia Sorento?

Andrew