British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Bought a (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bought-335638/)

Bhoywonder Nov 5th 2005 7:48 am

Bought a

new tube of tooth paste, ran out this morning and can't believe I've been able to get Colgate in this country........................... :rolleyes:

Hutch Nov 5th 2005 7:50 am

Re: Bought a

Originally Posted by Bhoywonder
new tube of tooth paste, ran out this morning and can't believe I've been able to get Colgate in this country........................... :rolleyes:

I'll alert the media :rolleyes: :)

Flying Banana Nov 5th 2005 7:50 am

I had the same thing a few weeks ago, disgusted there was only one shelf of toothpastes to choose from and there wasn't a 'toothpaste only' checkout :rolleyes: ............................................

Bhoywonder Nov 5th 2005 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
I'll alert the media :rolleyes: :)

Don't tell everyone. I wont be able to buy the stuff again. I thought it was a rare find on my behalf. :)

Luke I Amyofath Nov 5th 2005 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
I had the same thing a few weeks ago, disgusted there was only one shelf of toothpastes to choose from and there wasn't a 'toothpaste only' checkout :rolleyes: ............................................

Oh, where you living then, we have toothpaste only checkouts but this morning every customer must have had real bad morning breath and the queue was quite bad with them carrying minty mouthwash. I did complain to the manager about the fact they werent buying toothpaste but all he said was that if they knew how bad peoples breaths were going to be this morning, he would have opened an express toothpaste checkout.
I dont know.... shopping is a nightmare these days for toothpaste lovers :scared:

<")))>< Nov 5th 2005 9:01 am

Who needs toothpaste?

Rub a eucalyptus leaf around your pearly whites for that just brushed feeling.

(Oh god, I need to get out more)

DebraH Nov 5th 2005 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Oh, where you living then, we have toothpaste only checkouts but this morning every customer must have had real bad morning breath and the queue was quite bad with them carrying minty mouthwash. I did complain to the manager about the fact they werent buying toothpaste but all he said was that if they knew how bad peoples breaths were going to be this morning, he would have opened an express toothpaste checkout.
I dont know.... shopping is a nightmare these days for toothpaste lovers :scared:

you've brightened my morning, can't wait to try the checkouts out

Luke I Amyofath Nov 5th 2005 9:05 am

Originally Posted by DebraH
you've brightened my morning, can't wait to try the checkouts out

lol, you ought to see the express tampon checkout, opens once every 28 days ;)

DebraH Nov 5th 2005 9:08 am

lol, you ought to see the express tampon checkout, opens once every 28 days ;)

i bet, super size

possoms Nov 5th 2005 9:10 am

I'm really pleased for you :D

Luke I Amyofath Nov 5th 2005 9:11 am

Originally Posted by DebraH
i bet, super size

yes, and you get help carrying them out for the first 2 days, after that they reckon you should be able to carry your own since they are lighter days :rolleyes:

Luke I Amyofath Nov 5th 2005 9:13 am

Originally Posted by possoms
I'm really pleased for you :D

oh hush you, youre just being sarcastic :p :p

Flying Banana Nov 5th 2005 9:17 am

Especially the price, you need to be minted to afford a decent English brand :rolleyes: ........................

Luke I Amyofath Nov 5th 2005 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Especially the price, you need to be minted to afford a decent English brand :rolleyes: ........................

boom boom .... LOL

What english brands though ?

Bhoywonder Nov 5th 2005 10:35 am

boom boom .... LOL

What english brands though ?

Just checked the packaging and the bloody stuff is made in Australia.

I am taking it back tomorrow morning. I hope they have a queue for whingers ;)

I am sick of not being able to get stuff from other countries. I hate paying less for my goods.......