Boring thread

Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boring thread

Now I am back in Oz I have just been granted permanent residence.

FYI I applied for a De Facto spouse visa 31 Oct 2001.

Provisional residence granted February 2002.

Moved to Oz May 2002

Received final stage forms start August 2003

Sent info mid August and informed that I would be overseas 31 Oct

Arrived back from overseas 16 Nov and PR granted 17 Nov.

It makes things a bit easier If I want to job hunt, obtain credit or go back to Uni.

Good luck to everyone else in the pipeline.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:56 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boring thread

Originally posted by bondipom

Moved to Oz May 2002

It makes things a bit easier If I want to job hunt, obtain credit or go back to Uni.

Well done Bondipom.

Do you have to go overseas again to get the visa in the passport?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Penguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Boring thread

Well done Bondipom!

When you say it will make it easier for you to job-hunt and gain credit, does that mean you hd problems doing those things on a de-facto spouse visa?

I have the de-facto visa (arriving in Sydney in Jan!) and you've got me worried!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BP,

Got another error message replying to your PM. I was just saying congratulations.

Hopefully mine will come though soon.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Penguin
Well done Bondipom!

When you say it will make it easier for you to job-hunt and gain credit, does that mean you hd problems doing those things on a de-facto spouse visa?

I have the de-facto visa (arriving in Sydney in Jan!) and you've got me worried!
Hi Penguin,

I've got a de facto spouse visa, and until today was at the same stage as bondipom - ie had it for over two years, applied again at second stage and was waiting....well I'm still waiting, and lucky bondipom isn't (I applied in Oct 01, PB in Aug)!

I have not had difficulty applying for jobs (only when I was on my Working Holiday Visa), and have got a mortgage (admittedly with my boyfriend on the papers as well). I got a credit card when I just got my initial visa I think, if not beforehand.

Don't worry, you should be OK.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 3:27 am

Originally posted by Penguin
Well done Bondipom!

There are jobs that the employer specifies are for PRs only or for Citizens only. It all depends on the employers policy and the position. If you want to count your salary towards a mortgage you will need a 20% deposit (depends on bank). Once you have 3 months permanent employment history a credit card should not be a problem but they do ask if you are a PR.

What sub class is your visa as De Facto/married relationships older than 5 years at time of application get PR anyway? If there are kids involved that time is cut to 2 years.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Penguin is an unknown quantity at this point

What sub class is your visa as De Facto/married relationships older than 5 years at time of application get PR anyway? If there are kids involved that time is cut to 2 years.

We are going on the temporary 4-year business visa (can't remember the proper name) so neither of us are PR.

Thanks for the info - I am sure it will be all fine. If not, I'll be living a life of leisure with no work and no credit card - mm maybe not ...
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to Oz May 2002

Congrats on your PR BP. Do you still have to do another 2 years for citizenship?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:54 am

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Congrats on your PR BP. Do you still have to do another 2 years for citizenship?
Yes I have to wait another 2 years plus anytime out of OZ.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I can answer that one - yes.

After a bit of umming and ahhing about it the decision has been made for me: should I get accepted for my degree I will need to become a citizen as soon as I can to still be eligible for HECS (government fee deferment system).

They don't count the years we spend in limbo
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes I have to wait another 2 years plus anytime out of OZ.
Beat me to it, I thought you'd be home by now.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:15 am

Originally posted by Nara
I can answer that one - yes.

After a bit of umming and ahhing about it the decision has been made for me: should I get accepted for my degree I will need to become a citizen as soon as I can to still be eligible for HECS (government fee deferment system).

They don't count the years we spend in limbo
I did not know HECS can evntually become available. Might be usefu in the future.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Bondipom!!
How much paperwork is there for the last bit, to get PR? More Stat decs and police checks, I'm guessing?

Hope you're too busy celebrating to answer me....!!!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:16 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

So can i just check........do they just send you the PR paperwork automatically? Does that mean you have to keep DIMIA or whoever it is informed of your address in oz?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 9:38 am
owieb

Moved to Oz May 2002

Not wishing to steal your thunder bondipom, but we got our PR as well on the 17th. They must have been doing the people who are already here that week!

Congratulations all the same!

Do you have to leave the country to get it validated? I know with ours we have to. It is such a pain. I would gladly pay the cost of our trip to DIMA just to have it validated locally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.