Wikiposts

Boring!!!!

Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:51 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul99
thanks both.

no harm intended anyone. I shouldn't start knocking anyone so soon.

"Once upon a time there was a miserable git named Paul - "

(please don't carry on!)

your welcome
Old Sep 24th 2003, 8:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My last word before I slink back to the packing in subdued silence. I apologise for being so daft over the last couple of days, but can I say to all of you that joined in the silliness - thanks. I had some really bad news on Monday and larking around here has got me through it and helped me to see that life is not all sadness. So cheers for the smiles Larissa and co - it really was appreciated.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:03 am
Badge

no problem Pollyanna.

Until I found this forum I thought I might as well have been the only bloke migrating to Australia. It's a turbulent process. Ups and downs the whole way.

When I applied, I was a single bloke so didn't pay much attention to houses, knives and forks etc - felt sorry for the garrats, tinas and larissas of this world. However there is another so we need to start looking at domestic stuff too..

Nothing wrong with Wilf. Or PB. It was just the cut and pasting.

badge

Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:22 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

just a thought,
but,
if people think this site is crap why do they keep logging on and posting?
why not go somewhere else?
dont mean to offend/upset/insult etc anyone, but I have puzzled this one several times recently.
instead of slagging people off calling them boring, silly, crap etc why not bog off and leave the forum alone!?

just a thought...

Sue

(constantly amused by the goings on)
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:31 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

This forum is great for finding out "stuff" be it good, bad, boring, crap or silly about migrating .... thats why I keep login on
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't like the way the post is going, just click out of it again.

Yes some of the posts have been a bit silly lately to me too, but having been through some sadness myself these past few weeks, my mood hasn't been right for them. Pollyana, too has had bad news and has been able join in and it has helped her sadness. This shows that we are all different and we must all accept the good and bad on this forum as we don't all see it as the same.

Whisky
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Sounds like being light-hearted doesn't go down too well anymore. Maybe we should all sit back and let PB and Wilf and their ilk rule the roost again with their constant bickering, depressing comments, and sarcastic put-downs of anything vaguely funny. Did you use the site then, Paulgg? A lot of people stopped posting because it was non-stop doomand gloom.

Personally, I do read some of the posts in the lounge, but a lot of them seem to be from people with a more "American" sense of humour - which is different from the "Aussie" one. Does anyone else know what I mean. I find I am more in tune with the fun of the Aussies, than with the more patronising tone of a lot of Americans.
I hate to upset anyone, so maybe I should retire with my 1100+ posts (oops, mustn't mention figures, must I!) and slink off into a corner behind my packing cases.........

What do you mean Patronising tone of a lot of Americans????? I find this is a strange way to think unless you are living with or have daily contact with Americans as i do, never found them any differant than say my own Family (all in the uk)........
The proplem I think is movies that's all most people in the uk have to go on.
Might be wrong just differant views........
Old Sep 24th 2003, 5:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by april
What do you mean Patronising tone of a lot of Americans????? I find this is a strange way to think unless you are living with or have daily contact with Americans as i do, never found them any differant than say my own Family (all in the uk)........
The proplem I think is movies that's all most people in the uk have to go on.
Might be wrong just differant views........
A lot of americans have warped views of the British and the Aussies for the same reason.

Oliver Twist, Benny Hill, war time officers and Fawlty Towers.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
A lot of americans have warped views of the British and the Aussies for the same reason.

Oliver Twist, Benny Hill, war time officers and Fawlty Towers.

Funny enough most Americans put the British on a pedastal and yes you are right it comes from Movies....( The carry on gang "lol")
there is a show on at the moment BBC1 called "The Servants" so you can only giggle at what the Americans think of that.........