Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bored Fed up and ready to go!

Bored Fed up and ready to go!

Old May 30th 2006, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bored Fed up and ready to go!

Hi everyone
Its been about 5 years now since I first started my application (don't ask, dodgy ACS recognition to blame) We have been through our meds, sent off our investment and are now waiting for the final "got it" email\phone call..whatever it is.. The house is up for sale, we have halved our personal belongings and are mentally ready to go. We have been through every type of emotion from "oh fxxk what are we doing" to massive excitement about the new adventure laying before us. There has been so much stress throughout the entire process and now we feel like we are in a state of limbo. Ready to go but can't...Anyone else feel like this? If so, how did\do you deal with this? Worse still, do you get to Oz and have a massive anticlimax because you've lived on the edge waiting for so long? Sounds strange but CRAP! I can't remember a time when I didn't have this on my mind
I am hoping that I'm not the only one who feels like this
Kelly x
Old May 30th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bored Fed up and ready to go!

Sympathies to you Kelly, we are at the start of the process and I think I would have gone bonkers if it had taken 5 years. No wonder your so fed up.

Just keep on thinking about the positives and it won't be much longer, soon you'll be so run off your feet you won't know your head from your arse

Where are you off to?
Old May 30th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Snap! Just getting on with life really. We have done all we can in the 15 months and are waiting for the "yes"...and some wonderful person to buy our fantastic house of course.
I keep sane by doing lists and crossing things off, as however small it feels as though we are nearer our goal. I think when we do actually go I wont be ready emotionally and that it will be a bit of a shock...but a nice thrill sort of shock...
Old May 30th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Sympathies to you Kelly, we are at the start of the process and I think I would have gone bonkers if it had taken 5 years. No wonder your so fed up.

Just keep on thinking about the positives and it won't be much longer, soon you'll be so run off your feet you won't know your head from your arse

Where are you off to?
Hiya
We are off to Brisbane, lookin like Bayside area. Very much dependant on schools and within the CBD as i need to work. I'm fed up with the daily emails from realestate.com.au of properties we could live in\afford and emails from seek.com.au sending me jobs I could easily do! I think I went bonkers years ago and if it wasn't for the litres of australian red I've probably gone through I don;t think I wouldve made it this far without being sectioned! Thanks for the kind thoughts though
Old May 30th 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seasprite
Snap! Just getting on with life really. We have done all we can in the 15 months and are waiting for the "yes"...and some wonderful person to buy our fantastic house of course.
I keep sane by doing lists and crossing things off, as however small it feels as though we are nearer our goal. I think when we do actually go I wont be ready emotionally and that it will be a bit of a shock...but a nice thrill sort of shock...
GOOD LUCK! you know that at every stage you feel so stressed and all of a sudden its just the bloody wait...all the best with the house sale (god knows I need luck too) AND with that illusive golden "got it"
Kelly x
Old May 30th 2006, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud ofRachelle has much to be proud of

We've had the 'got it' e-mail, the visa's are in the passports ready and waiting to be stamped! It's just the small matter of house to sell! We've even got the shipping company on stand by! Come on someone must want our house!!!
Old May 30th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hiya
We are off to Brisbane, lookin like Bayside area. Very much dependant on schools and within the CBD as i need to work. I'm fed up with the daily emails from realestate.com.au of properties we could live in\afford and emails from seek.com.au sending me jobs I could easily do! I think I went bonkers years ago and if it wasn't for the litres of australian red I've probably gone through I don;t think I wouldve made it this far without being sectioned! Thanks for the kind thoughts though
Sending you some Karma

Looks like we are off to the same area, we are looking at southside too, the riverside suburbs and Bayside.

I have not signed up to those emails yet, maybe nearer the time. would find it too frustrating
Old May 30th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Sending you some Karma

Looks like we are off to the same area, we are looking at southside too, the riverside suburbs and Bayside.

I have not signed up to those emails yet, maybe nearer the time. would find it too frustrating
Rachelle-Good luck with the house, Its a bit of a gamble when you decide when to sell the house. Its such a waitin game waiting for the visa and you never know if anything will be one day\one month whatever..
millies mum ...we are trying to get a shortlist of 5 areas based on schools and where we would actually want to live. We want to go over and spend 3 weeks in short term accom, looking round the areas and the schools and hopefully finding the right place for us. Good luck with the visa app. I'm a the point of total frustration but I alwasy wish everyone the very best of luck...I wouldn't wish thhis on my worst enemy! Thanks for the karma
Old May 30th 2006, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh and another bloody rant while i'm on one...why can't this by like europe where we could just get up and go live there? At least we can speak the bloody language!