Reload this Page >

Boomie's Pad......

Boomie's Pad......

Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boomie's Pad......

Originally Posted by Boomie
It's 12 months on the 11th October since we arrived in sunni Briz...... We have had our ups n downs..... probably more downs to be honest...... mainly due to employment..... but as we are both now working we have looked into getting our own place......

Due to the size of our family we have decided to build so we know we are getting the room sizes we want..... here is the plan which we have had designed to our needs.....The designer has said it should be completed by the end of March...... so all is exciting at the mo....

hope it works...... not attached anythin for a while!

boomie
xxxxxxx
Bommie...was wonderin about you / Andy and the family the other day and how things were coming on.

Great news re the house and I guess it means things are on the up, at last

Keep us updated on your posh "des res" wont cha
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Thanx for the PMs Boomie.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:12 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lisa,

I can't view the attachment but it sounds wonderfull. We are so glad things are getting sorted for you guys, you deserve it, well done.
We are in the process of starting our own business at the moment, which is scaring the pants off me!! but it looks like Ian is going to have loads of work so it should be good, fingers crossed, although very stressfull.

If the business does well we will be back to Brissy for another holiday so we will pop in and have a look at your new pad then.

Ian says hi to Andy.

All the best guys, enjoy it!

Paula
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:30 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Ooooh yes i can see it, it looks great.

Good luck guys make sure you post some piccies.

Paula
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:26 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Dont forget to do a furniture layout on it just to make sure that it all works.

WW

lol..... Yeah

Luckily the scale is 1cm = 1m....... so the kids have measured their things and cut slips ov paper to scale to check if they fit..... Glad they did really cuz it helped to see where to put the plug sockets....... I think we get 16 doubles as standard...... and any extra are $40 each....

boomie
x

Last edited by Boomie; Oct 4th 2005 at 8:39 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:05 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

In the UK when you choose the fitments for your new build...... everything is chosen in the sales office.....

we have had to go to Beenleigh for tiles, Wynnum for the kitchen units and bathroom cupboards, Capalaba for the lighting, Window dressing as they call it and security blinds in Cleveland..... the carpet guy and door man came to see us at home...... (QLD may i add)

All thats sorted....... just got to pick a colour for the rendering.....

Told my mum yesterday about our plans....... "ure staying then!" was the reply....... anyways...... I drove around and took pix of the land and its surroundings to send to her....... hopefully she will come around.....

Boomie
x

Last edited by Boomie; Oct 10th 2005 at 12:13 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:14 pm

Gina Uk...... thanx for your PM.....

I didnt mind at all...... I have sent you a relpy......

Regards

Boomie
xx
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

In the UK when you choose the fitments for your new build...... everything is chosen in the sales office.....

we have had to go to Beenleigh for tiles, Wynnum for the kitchen units and bathroom cupboards, Capalaba for the lighting, Window dressing as they call it and security blinds in Cleveland..... the carpet guy and door man came to see us at home...... (QLD may i add)

Told my mum yesterday about our plans....... "ure staying then!" was the reply....... anyways...... I drove around and took pix of the land and its surroundings to send to her....... hopefully she will come around.....

Boomie
x
Some of the carpet bundled into the projects homes can be pretty ordinary in terms of performance (stretches, etc). Suggest you check the quality with the supplier. The extra cost of a better standard may save you in the long run.

If you are on a red soil site DONT go for light colours, consider tiles if you dont like dark carpet. If you choose light it will go red....

WW
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Boomie
x
Forgot to suggest you check on the termite system being provided to the house

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330744

WW
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:21 pm

Some of the carpet bundled into the projects homes can be pretty ordinary in terms of performance (stretches, etc). Suggest you check the quality with the supplier. The extra cost of a better standard may save you in the long run.

If you are on a red soil site DONT go for light colours, consider tiles if you dont like dark carpet. If you choose light it will go red....

WW

pmsl...... but yeah we have gone for a plain darker carpet..... which will go into the media room and all 6 berooms..... the carpet is a harder wearing 1.... with the equivalent ov our scotch guard on it.....

boomie
xx
Old Oct 11th 2005, 10:30 pm

Forgot to suggest you check on the termite system being provided to the house

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=330744

WW

Just had a look on our inclusions...... and it ses PT A _ Termi Mesh/ PT B Termi Mesh......

Boomie

xx
Old Oct 12th 2005, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Just had a look on our inclusions...... and it ses PT A _ Termi Mesh/ PT B Termi Mesh......

Boomie

xx
I assume that is perimeter and penetrations. That sounds good.

Good luck with it all. The building activity is slowing, a little. I know of some who have waited 16-18 months.

WW
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:30 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

The property market in general has slowed, quite aggresively IMHO since last year.
Developer friends of ours are speculating hikes in prices 1st quarter 2007 !!

Hat off to Boomie n Co. Well done

I dont reply to most posts but avidly read them all.

Im a Nosey Bitch as peter kay once said
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
The property market in general has slowed, quite aggresively IMHO since last year.
Developer friends of ours are speculating hikes in prices 1st quarter 2007 !!

Hat off to Boomie n Co. Well done

I dont reply to most posts but avidly read them all.

Im a Nosey Bitch as peter kay once said

Peter Kay...... dont ya just love him...... watch him reg.

boomie
xxx
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:14 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Boomie,

thanks for the PM. Will file it in my "usefull stuff" file for when we get to Oz.

Thanks again

Gina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.