Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booking Oz to UK flight *from* the UK?

Booking Oz to UK flight *from* the UK?

Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:58 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Booking Oz to UK flight *from* the UK?

Does anyone know if this can be done? ... and taking into account the owner of the card ISN'T the person travelling!

I've tried booking from Oz and using another persons credit card (in UK), and they won't take the booking without copies of passport, card being used, and a letter stating authority.

We'll do this if it comes to it, but just wondered if he could book it from UK and make the whole thing easier ?!?

Cheers
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Booking Oz to UK flight *from* the UK?

A relative of ours booked for her daughter to fly over earlier this year. mum was in perth and daughter in Uk, they used an offshore travel company but dont know which sorry. (think it might have been in jersey)
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Paul, as far as I understand it, you can't book flights with a card belonging to someone who isn't flying. The info only comes up way down the booking details. There was publicity about booking Aus - UK flights from UK or UK sites but I've not heard of anyone who's been able to do it.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:45 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Paul, as far as I understand it, you can't book flights with a card belonging to someone who isn't flying.
We booked our flights yesterday and can confirm this. We needed to book eldest son on a different flight and online bookings would not accept Graham's credit card for payment as he is not part of the booking and trying to book by phone we were told that they couldnt accept the credit card as A has a different surname to Graz
We had to book the tickets to collect and will have to pay in person (with all sorts of id) when we pick them up.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:45 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Paul, as far as I understand it, you can't book flights with a card belonging to someone who isn't flying. The info only comes up way down the booking details. There was publicity about booking Aus - UK flights from UK or UK sites but I've not heard of anyone who's been able to do it.
Somebody in Malyasia did it with Hevs card.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:47 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
typical - you cant book with your own credit card but they will let someone else book with your stolen card/details :curse:
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Yes but that's different. That family are the exception that proves the rule on almost everything
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

You can certainly book an Oz>UK flight from the UK. However the fare will be the same as if it was booked in Oz (just converted to pounds) - it won't be a nice, cheapy UK>Oz fare!

However who-oever does this will surely have the same problem as you though - they'll have problems because the Name on the card isn't the same as the name on the ticket?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 1:58 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yes but that's different. That family are the exception that proves the rule on almost everything
Thats very true.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Al_G is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked a flight from the UK to Melbourne last week on the British Airways website. It was for my stepdaughter, who has a different name to mine.
I had no problem making the booking.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

stevep1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Went back to UK in Sept. Used my brother's AMEX with the Travel Agent. No worries at all - just so long as they received their money, they didn't care.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:48 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Flight has been booked ...

They wanted photocopies of his passport, credit card used, and a letter stating sommit or other in the end but that has been sent now and I hopefully fly tonight.