Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booked the tickets!!

Booked the tickets!!

Old Feb 5th 2005, 12:50 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Booked the tickets!!

OMG, booked the tickets, started the stress relieve tablets! For anyones info 2 adults, one 11yr old £1285 london to Brisbane via Singapore, on Singapore Airlines! Anyone else going on the same day, I will wear a carnation behind my ear, or hubby will!!
ViVi :scared:
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Booked the tickets!!

Originally Posted by vivi
OMG, booked the tickets, started the stress relieve tablets! For anyones info 2 adults, one 11yr old £1285 london to Brisbane via Singapore, on Singapore Airlines! Anyone else going on the same day, I will wear a carnation behind my ear, or hubby will!!
Hi vivi
We are hoping to book our tickets this coming week - just waiting to exchange on house. We have been looking at sinapore airlines - they seem good for prices - did you have to get written confirmation to get double baggage allowance?
Cheers Nibblo
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:19 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

wooo hooo bet u r all excited

but u didnae say when u were flyin

safe journey whenever it is
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I'm goin' 30 June Singapore Airlines to Brisbane but from Manchester. You haven't said what date!

Tip - baggage allowance. Worth contacting SA themselves. I actually went into their office in Manchester and she put extra baggage allowance on the computer before my very eyes, 30kg. Also you can "check-in" on your computer up to 48 hours before saving some time at the airport.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you lucky things best of luck with your new life in Oz

Sue
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:49 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
wooo hooo bet u r all excited

but u didnae say when u were flyin

safe journey whenever it is
Sorry, 1100 from Heathrow, in answer to the baggage allowence apparently it is 32kg, however when I spoke to S Airlines they will take 40kg because of the visa. However as I did it over the net I haven't got the actual ticket, only a confirmation slip!
ViVi
Old Feb 6th 2005, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Dunwaitin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, 1100 from Heathrow, in answer to the baggage allowence apparently it is 32kg, however when I spoke to S Airlines they will take 40kg because of the visa. However as I did it over the net I haven't got the actual ticket, only a confirmation slip!
ViVi
32kg is the maximum amount in any one bag. It's a health and safety requirement, but 40kg is still the overall maximum when travelling on an 'emigrating' trip.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dunwaitin
32kg is the maximum amount in any one bag. It's a health and safety requirement, but 40kg is still the overall maximum when travelling on an 'emigrating' trip.
They were strict with us on the 32kg per bag in Singapore, ended up having to come out the queue make up another backpack which luckily we had one spare, no said anything at London though!

Scot
Old Feb 6th 2005, 6:30 am
vivi

Originally Posted by Dunwaitin
Thankyou for that my technical adviser! Do you feel like a saddo like me, on here at 7 in the morning when we should be tucked up in bed?
ViVi
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Redmond, Washington, returning to Sydney 2013!!
SamG will become famous soon enough

Thankyou for that my technical adviser! Do you feel like a saddo like me, on here at 7 in the morning when we should be tucked up in bed?
ViVi
Kids are always up by 6 , and at the weekend it's daddy's turn to get them washed, dressed, fed etc. Once this is done, I install them in front of Cbeebies/Milkshake for an hour or so and log-on!

I looked this allowance thing up the other day as we've just booked our flights to Sydney with SA. 7th April 10:15pm depart LHR. Just to warn everyone else - 2 adults, 3 kids under 4 (incl. an 11 month old) and just to make it even more pleasant for my wife, she will be 6 months pregnant at the time. We've got the bulkhead reserved for both legs though, which is something.

Good luck.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

teagg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SamG
We've got the bulkhead reserved for both legs though, which is something.
Just a quick thought - we came out (Thu to Fri flight) with QANTAS with a 7 month old, requested a bassinet in addition to having bought her a seat (extra baggage allowance and extra seating room etc)...

I had hoped that we could put the arms of the seats up so that DH could lie across the two empty seats, head in my lap (!) and sleep - as he was starting work the following Monday..
BUT bulkhead seats with the bassinet area don't have arms that lift up... we could have had bassinet plus one seat, and two behind... but decided not to do that....

so - just consider if lifting the seat's arms up would be useful!!

HTH
Old Feb 6th 2005, 10:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamG
3 kids under 4 (incl. an 11 month old) and just to make it even more pleasant for my wife, she will be 6 months pregnant at the time.
I hope you are planning on getting the "snip" before you go :scared:
Old Feb 6th 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

ViVi
Have I missed something here? We asked what date and you reply 1100

I've only got 30kg allowance rather than 40kg because my visa has already been validated.
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:28 pm
vivi

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Have I missed something here? We asked what date and you reply 1100

I've only got 30kg allowance rather than 40kg because my visa has already been validated.
Sorry 1100 on 14th March 2005 Terminal 3 Heathrow, over and out!
ViVi
Old Feb 6th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry 1100 on 14th March 2005 Terminal 3 Heathrow, over and out!
ViVi
Obviously very excited, and who can blame you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.