Reload this Page >

booked and ready to go.......Thai Airways

booked and ready to go.......Thai Airways

Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:23 am
M e M b E r

gordon_flash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default booked and ready to go.......Thai Airways

Hi all,

Going by the airlines topics in this forum, the matter of best airlines seem to be a hot topic.

Alas I looked up this after I booked my tickets through Thai airlines. We are flying from India in mid june and Thai's fare/schedule was the most convenient.

Flashing our migrant visas and oneway ticket we have managed to obtain 40Kg per person luggage allowance.

Bought a weighing machine to weigh our bags(rules say no bag must weigh more than 30kgs individually).

So Australia.......Here we come......::
Old Apr 29th 2004, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

scitta is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Congrats and all the best for your future. Which part of Oz are u off to?

Would be nice to hear from you about your settling in,once down under. Do keep us updated on the move.

Cheers.
Sarah
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:27 am
Go Cubs!!

Garazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: booked and ready to go.......Thai Airways

Originally posted by gordon_flash
Hi all,

Going by the airlines topics in this forum, the matter of best airlines seem to be a hot topic.

Alas I looked up this after I booked my tickets through Thai airlines. We are flying from India in mid june and Thai's fare/schedule was the most convenient.

Flashing our migrant visas and oneway ticket we have managed to obtain 40Kg per person luggage allowance.

Bought a weighing machine to weigh our bags(rules say no bag must weigh more than 30kgs individually).

So Australia.......Here we come......::

Hey,

I am flying Thai Airlines to Sydney on Monday from India, I'll let you know my experience (my bag weighs more than 20kg, I think its about 26kg I had no problems getting it to India from London but lets wait and see...)

Gary
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Good luck on the other side
Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:55 am
Go Cubs!!

Originally posted by Billabong
Good luck on the other side
How do you mean? Will it be a problem? I am on a WHV not PR.

Gary
Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:07 am
earlswood

Originally posted by Garazy
How do you mean? Will it be a problem? I am on a WHV not PR.

Gary
I think Billabong (my husband) Just meant "Good Luck"

He's not into big conversation!!

Good Luck!!

Old Apr 29th 2004, 7:09 am
Go Cubs!!

Originally posted by earlswood
I think Billabong (my husband) Just meant "Good Luck"

He's not into big conversation!!

Good Luck!!

Ahh ok, not 'there going to put the rubber cloves on if your suitcase if overweight good luck' but 'good luck with australia'

ok thanks!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:29 am
M e M b E r

Originally posted by scitta
Hi,

Congrats and all the best for your future. Which part of Oz are u off to?

Would be nice to hear from you about your settling in,once down under. Do keep us updated on the move.

Cheers.
Sarah
Hi,
We are heading for Sydney. looking for a house in parametta, westmead, ashfield or strathfiled area.

Will keep informed of the developments as they happen.

Bye bye

Gordon
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:42 am
M e M b E r

Default Re: booked and ready to go.......Thai Airways

Hey,

I am flying Thai Airlines to Sydney on Monday from India, I'll let you know my experience (my bag weighs more than 20kg, I think its about 26kg I had no problems getting it to India from London but lets wait and see...)

Gary
Great to see your post.

I thought no one flew thai airways these days. For checked in luggage ideallya a piece should not weigh more than 30kgs and hand lugagge more than 10kgs.

Atleast that what my friend told me who flew in the same sector with Thai.

He told that food was atrocious but booze was decent.

Since this will be the first time I will have ever set foot into an aircraft , it will be a while before I can distinguish good from the bad.

I looked up www.seatexperts.com but Thai airways info is not there.

Can any body throw light on good seats etc on Thai?

Gordon
Old Apr 30th 2004, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move.

Whisky
Old Apr 30th 2004, 6:21 am
Go Cubs!!

Actually I got a phone call from Thai Airlines this morning it went like this -

THAI: "Hello this is Thai airlines are you departing with us this Monday?"

ME: "I certainly am!"

[SHE HANGS UP]

I was thinking maybe "Ok thank you, look forward to seeing you" would have been the de facto telephone manner an airline should take rather than just hanging up on me!

As for the food, I've been eating in Delhi for the past two months, I have no high expectations of food anymore
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:06 am
M e M b E r

Originally posted by whisky
Good luck with your move.

Whisky
Thanks for your wishes mate.

Gordon
Old May 3rd 2004, 4:11 am
M e M b E r

Actually I got a phone call from Thai Airlines this morning it went like this -

THAI: "Hello this is Thai airlines are you departing with us this Monday?"

ME: "I certainly am!"

[SHE HANGS UP]

I was thinking maybe "Ok thank you, look forward to seeing you" would have been the de facto telephone manner an airline should take rather than just hanging up on me!

As for the food, I've been eating in Delhi for the past two months, I have no high expectations of food anymore

Ha Ha .....

Thai service is legendary I guess.

Hmmm Food in Delhi used to be good .....Whatever happened to the good eating joints there. Guess Too much proliferations of Big Mac's and Kentucky Fried Chicken Joints.

All the best for your journey aboard Thai. As I write this I realize you must already be on the flight.:lecture:

Do post up your experience. The stopver time in Bangkok is more than 5 hours. How'd you possibly kill that time ? Any suggestions.

Bye Bye

Gordon
Old May 6th 2004, 10:59 am
Go Cubs!!

Hey, Thai airlines wasn't that bad - although I did sleep the entire journey and missed every single eating time, the 5 hours in Thailand went pretty fast, although I am sure the little shops were making up their conversion rates for a bottle of Evian and M&Ms (4USD and 2USD respectively). There's loads of shops at the airport, I was trying to see if I could get a new camera but I was too tired to work out how much a 'baht' was in sterling, so I gave up and just watched a shop open and the frantic behaviour of the staff in the process of this happening.

I like the way the air hostesses get changed half way throuh the flight, i found that funny.

As for all my concerns about getting into Australia I need not have worried. I think I landed at 20h00 and I was in the City by 21h30. Immigration was very easy (I am on a WHV) and the taxi driver rounded down the fare (makes a change from India where I kept on having to pay a markup fee because the taxi driver assured me the additional charges were to cover air condition charges (read hot air blowing in face charges).

I've been here 4 days now and I was getting concerned I would not find a flat, but today I have found one, I've got the key and I've got some cool flatmates who are about my age to live with.

I have photos and blog entries at http://g2007.com.

As for Sydney it is a refreshing change from London. The streets are soo much cleaner and the people a lot more beautiful, although the shiney gleam will surely work away after a few months I am sure. I'll only realise how good it is when I return to damp London.

Hope your trip was just as enjoyable,

Gary
Old May 6th 2004, 11:50 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Gary - where did you find out about your flatshare? Was it through an agency?

Boyfriend and I are coming over to Sydney soon, he'll be there a month or so before me and needs to find us somewhere to live!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.