Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

booked flights!!!!!!

booked flights!!!!!!

Old Aug 5th 2003, 5:54 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default booked flights!!!!!!

Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know that I have booked our flights, that is me, hubby and 3 kids ..ages 18, 14 and 10.

Dog is flying on 6th September straight to Perth and ....

we are going on 18th sept manchester to Sydney via Kuala Lumpar..one way!!!!!

We're staying with friends in Sydney for just over 2 weeks then on to Perth on 7th October (got a good deal with virgin blue airlines )
only prob is...we'll have to send a lot of our clothes with shippers cos I dont think that we can get double baggage allowance with malaysian and certainly virgin blue so..what the hell....just have to wash a bit more often!!!!!
..or does somone know better???

oh well at least my children are older and I wont have to cart pushchairs etc about!!!

We havent got a completion date for the house as yet but we just thought 'sod it' were off anyway!!!!!

Thats it for now folks...

doing the mad phoning and organising thing at the mo....

need lots of this to help me stop my brain working overtime!!!!!

Old Aug 5th 2003, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

yvsie

how are the stress levels, dont fuss about the double baggage allowance, if your only taking cloths its a bit of a waste, plus its a hell of a lot for your husband to carry

It must feel great to have a date to go, where are you staying in Perth?

I'll be poaching any good tips you get as we should be off in Oct/Nov.

Lynn
Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

me and the missis are off in oct 28 going to perth so ill see ya there
Old Aug 5th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I have checked Virgin Blue's allowances :
<20kg each no charge
20-30kg $10 per person over
30-35kg $20
35-40kg $50
They do let you take higher than this but it is expensive.
We looked into it as we need to get an internal flight and were worried about allowances. Prices seem quite good really, as long as you don't go too high.
Old Aug 5th 2003, 8:21 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Stress levels are getting a bit better at the moment because Im now actually sorting everything. It was worse when we hadnt made the decision when to go.Neighbour who is buying our property is also pushing his buyer and so on down the line now. Looks like it could be 5th September when we complete now..but not certain as yet!!...we're off anyway and leaving it with solicitors if not!!!!

Tina thanks for the info re virgin blue!!

We're hoping to stay in a property with 'poms in perth'...99.9% sure that'll be ok too!!!...
I'll let you know when its all finalised

Ive finished work and so has hubby so its easy sorting when thats all we have to do !!!!..and bask in this lovely sunshine ofcourse!!!!!!
Old Aug 5th 2003, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: booked flights!!!!!!

Hi Yvsie,
We're off in mid September too, havent booked flights yet. waiting for completion date on house. are you stopping over in Kuala Lumpar ?
Good time to arrive sept, for acclimatizing

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know that I have booked our flights, that is me, hubby and 3 kids ..ages 18, 14 and 10.

We're staying with friends in Sydney for just over 2 weeks then on to Perth on 7th October (got a good deal with virgin blue airlines )
only prob is...we'll have to send a lot of our clothes with shippers cos I dont think that we can get double baggage allowance with malaysian and certainly virgin blue so..what the hell....just have to wash a bit more often!!!!!

oh well at least my children are older and I wont have to cart pushchairs etc about!!!

We havent got a completion date for the house as yet but we just thought 'sod it' were off anyway!!!!!

Old Aug 5th 2003, 9:57 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

Hi Stoney,

We decided to go straight to Sydney..no stop over!!...maybe we may regret it but what the hell..we just wanted to get there.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Great News Yvsie.......But you won't be here in time for our booze up. Oh well perfect excuse for another!

The end/beginning is just in sight.... Enjoy the sunshine you lucky bugger.

Di
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:47 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Nearly there now Yvonne! Hope the packing goes ok. We won't be far behind you. Who did you book your flights through?

Looks like we'll have to have another girls night out doesn't it?

Steph
Old Aug 6th 2003, 6:56 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice
Default Re: booked flights!!!!!!

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi all,

Great to hear you have got the flights booked. Don't worry about taking too much clothes are cheap in Oz (well they were in Brissy) and you are getting to shorts and tshirt weather anyhow so you won't need much.

Best of luck hope it all goes well, say hello to Clare, Scott and kids for me when you get to Perth.

Susan