Reload this Page >

book/web site recommendations

book/web site recommendations

Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

wooah will become famous soon enough
Default book/web site recommendations

Hello,
I have just taken the decision to move my family out to Australia and I need some guide as to what to do and what things to think about. For example where to move to, when to put house on market, what steps should I do first, just basic stuff to get me started and moved out as soon as possible.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of web sites or books that would be useful.

Thanks,
V

Last edited by Sue; Feb 11th 2010 at 1:34 pm. Reason: Please note this member is NOT an adminstrator of this site. They have been contacted and asked to change their username.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:26 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: book/web site recommendations

Originally Posted by administrator
Hello,
I have just taken the decision to move my family out to Australia and I need some guide as to what to do and what things to think about. For example where to move to, when to put house on market, what steps should I do first, just basic stuff to get me started and moved out as soon as possible.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of web sites or books that would be useful.

Thanks,
V
If you have not looked into what an appropriate visa is for you yet, you could start with www.immi.gov.au, there being some good information there other than for visas and under the various visas you'll find references to Booklets of different numbers depending on what visa suits you.

Some significant changes to immigration regulations have just been announced and some more in process.
Have a look at the top sticky by George Lombard and on the Immi site, keep your eye open for a What's New ......Link.

As to where to move to, that really depends on what you'll be seeking for work, lifestyle and weather, the East Coast offering most diversity from mild temperate climate to tropical.
Head West to Adelaide or Perth if you want it dry and hot but the latter also relatively remote from the rest of Australia.

Make Google your buddy.

OK, partner visa - your partner ought to have some ideas!

Last edited by Ozwanderer; Feb 11th 2010 at 9:32 am.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
OK, partner visa - your partner ought to have some ideas!
She left Australia when she was 9 months old, so no use there.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:33 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks,
V

this website would be a good place to start...!

seriously, start browsing through some of the old threads on this website, there is a wealth of information here. Don't bother looking for books that might be more informative - you won't find any.

If you have a question, ask it on this forum... but if you want detailed answers you normally need to provide fairly specific questions..

good luck
Old Feb 11th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. I certainly have been doing that over the last couple of hours. I am not at work now, honest.

I just thought there might be a comprehensive guide posted somewhere. I won't waste my money on books as you say, unless anyone has one going spare which they no longer need.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks,
V
The best thing for you to do is read, read and read some more. Suggestions for good starting points would be to search the forum and take a look at the BE wiki etc.

Sue

PS Please contact me about your username. Thx