Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Book recommendations (spelling?) please!

Book recommendations (spelling?) please!

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Book recommendations (spelling?) please!

Ok so its Labour Day Bank Holiday and my son asked me what it's all for Had to admit that I have no idea and got to thinking that I really need to learn more about this massive Country that is now home
Can anyone recommend an Idiots guide to Australian History etc etc so that I can answer my son next time he asks.
Thanks
Mandy x

ps oh and please heed the part where i said Idiots guide LOL i need to be able to understand what i am reading
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Book recommendations (spelling?) please!

I would second that one please. 2 boys that are very inquisitive. Have tried to let them use the internet for searches but don't feel safe enough on that one yet unless someone can recommend a website.

Thanks

Debs
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
I would second that one please. 2 boys that are very inquisitive. Have tried to let them use the internet for searches but don't feel safe enough on that one yet unless someone can recommend a website.

Thanks

Debs
Theres Bill Bryson's book called, down under, i think, that has loads of info..its sort of like a documentary, on the cover australia is sort of pictured as an icecream. also there is one we have, its just called Australia...i'll dig it out and let you know who its by if no=one else has it.

sorry think ive packed it.

nickie
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Theres Bill Bryson's book called, down under, i think, that has loads of info..its sort of like a documentary, on the cover australia is sort of pictured as an icecream. also there is one we have, its just called Australia...i'll dig it out and let you know who its by if no=one else has it.

sorry think ive packed it.

nickie

Thankyou - I will have a look at teh weekend when i am in town. I have read a Bill Bryson book before and he writes in easy to understand language so i should be good with this

Thanks nickie xxx