Reload this Page >

Bonogin/ormeau? info please

Bonogin/ormeau? info please

Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:37 am
Just Joined

puff the dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bonogin/ormeau? info please

HI

we are looking into moving from adelaide to queensland and hoping for a small acreage property

The areas above appeal,so any info/comments good or bad and schools,would be fantastic

we will be doing a reccie in 2 weeks
many thanks
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonogin/ormeau? info please

Hi,

Strange request as these are a long way apart and there is a lot of acreage between the two. We would always prefer the southern end to the north part of the coast.

We live in Bonogin and love it, 12 minutes from the M1, Robina with probably the best shopping centre on the coast, hospital, rail station, wide choice of good schools private and state and 25 mins from Broadbeach with a free run.

Block sizes go from about 2200 sq m and go up from there to a few at around 23 acres. Unlike when we bought there is plenty on the market and it is definately a buyers market and in my opinon there are some bargains out there if you look bad for us but good for you!. It basically consists of some park living with houses on an average of say 3000sq m and going on up to the rural feeling proper acreage 1.5 acres and up. There is a modern estate nearer town which is just inside Bonogin which you may wish to avoid.

There is no rhyme or reason to prices being asked though so the website
onthehouse.com.au is useful to find actual prices achieved in the past for the property and any other you may look at in the area.

There is no public transport but the school buses serve the area well even dropping your child off outside the house depending on the school and if it is able. Bonogin Road itself is rather rural but is now having a major upgrade which is a pain while it is being done but good in the long run.

Feel free to pm me if you wish

Last edited by neil248; Jun 27th 2011 at 6:50 am.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if you're planning on working in Brissie, then Ormeau would be your best bet but personally given the choice I'd have to go to Bonogin Still commutable but not the best journey.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Would have to agree with Moneypenny, if you are working in Brisbane it would be a real drag commuting from Bonogin.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:50 am
Just Joined

thanks for the replies so far

Fortunately we wont need to commute to Brisbane ,so thats not an issue
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by puff the dragon
HI

we are looking into moving from adelaide to queensland and hoping for a small acreage property

The areas above appeal,so any info/comments good or bad and schools,would be fantastic

we will be doing a reccie in 2 weeks
many thanks
We've lived in Ormeau for about 5 years and really love the place. We have the best of both worlds, being about halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, so an easy commute to either. We have 3 schools, one primary and 2 highschools, a local shopping centre, with a brand new coles and woolworths earmarked within the next year or so. Public transport is very good with both bus and rail services. If you are looking at acreage, Windaroo is probably worth a look as well, which is just on the outskirts of Ormeau, lovely acreage properties out there.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:53 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

We have friends who live in Bonogin (Water Lane) and it seems to be a great place. Ormeau I only know from the new developments which I personally wouldn't touch with a bargepole - the north end of the Gold Coast is quickly becoming an outer suburb of Brisbane.

What do you want to use 'acreage' for? The bits of Bonogin I know are basically native woodland which you are unlikely to get permission to clear, so your acreage will give you privacy (along with bushfire vulnerability!) but the land will not be usable for much else. Having said that there may well be flatter open areas I am not familiar with.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
We have friends who live in Bonogin (Water Lane) and it seems to be a great place. Ormeau I only know from the new developments which I personally wouldn't touch with a bargepole - the north end of the Gold Coast is quickly becoming an outer suburb of Brisbane.

What do you want to use 'acreage' for? The bits of Bonogin I know are basically native woodland which you are unlikely to get permission to clear, so your acreage will give you privacy (along with bushfire vulnerability!) but the land will not be usable for much else. Having said that there may well be flatter open areas I am not familiar with.
Hi thanks
basically we just want some nice scenery to look at and somewhere for a pony for my daughter.We are fed up of living in built up suburbia but dont want to be too far from shops/schools etc

Last edited by puff the dragon; Jun 28th 2011 at 12:31 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 12:11 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by puff the dragon
Hi thanks
basically we just want some nice scenery to look at and somewhere for a pony for my daughter
If you are looking around Ormeau way you may also want to check out areas like:
- Wolffdene
- Bannockburn
- Belivah

We were looking around there for small acreage but it was a little out of our budget (around $300k 6 years ago) so we settled a but further west around Buccan. Not as handy for the freeway but a very nice rural feel, generally.

Plenty of horses out here, we have 3 in our yards at the moment (everytime I use to word 'paddock' I get some stick so bear with me ...) ... too much upkeep for me, I'm glad they belong to someone else and help keep the grass down
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

You will find properties that are specifically set up for horses in Bonogin and other acreage areas on the coast. Some agents actually describe a place as a horse property in the details.

Last edited by neil248; Jun 28th 2011 at 9:20 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:44 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
If you are looking around Ormeau way you may also want to check out areas like:
- Wolffdene
- Bannockburn
- Belivah
Not forgetting the Scrub - Bahrs Scrub.

Lovely here, and plenty of acreage down the road. 6 mins to highway, and half hour to Brissie on a good day ...

Wouldn't wanna drive to Brissie from anywhere south of Nerang personally.

To experience what this would be like, just go sit in your car for about 10 mins. Don't start engine as not needed for this experiment, just sit there. Re-tune radio, smoke if your thing, and just examine the paintwork on the car in front. Hey, it might even have a 'fancy' registration to pass the time, but if not then maybe check for some polo's.

10 mins up? ... ok now start car and move forward the length of the vehicle, stop, and return to start of the experiment.