Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond requested at last

Bond requested at last

Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Bond requested at last

Hi all

We've had our bond requested today, at last, it's been almost 2 months since they had our meds and PC's. We've only got 28 days to sned it and proof to DIMIA.

My son is going to Spain on holiday haf term in October, does anyone know how long it takes after sending bond do they usually take to request passports to enter visas and how long they keep them for?

Lindsey
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:14 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bond requested at last

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi all

We've had our bond requested today, at last, it's been almost 2 months since they had our meds and PC's. We've only got 28 days to sned it and proof to DIMIA.

My son is going to Spain on holiday haf term in October, does anyone know how long it takes after sending bond do they usually take to request passports to enter visas and how long they keep them for?

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey

First off all congrats on the bond. Which bond i it, is it skilled sponsored or the 100k bond?

Walla
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Walla,

It's the 100K bond so we're busy sorting thru' all our credit cards at the moment........LOL

A few weeks ago someone gave lots of advice about posting bonds and I thought I had saved it too my favourites, I can't find it there or in a search of the forums, does anyone remember it at all?

Lindsey
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:41 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Walla,

It's the 100K bond so we're busy sorting thru' all our credit cards at the moment........LOL

A few weeks ago someone gave lots of advice about posting bonds and I thought I had saved it too my favourites, I can't find it there or in a search of the forums, does anyone remember it at all?

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey

If it had been the assurors bond the $5k one I could have helped. Not a clue re $100k bond, you tried the immigration forum? I've seen a few threads on there about your bond of late. If you can't find on search you may have to trawl the pages, which I know is a pain in the ass.

Walla
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:30 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Lindsey

You can get addresses (& usually websites) for each of the Govt Treasury departments from the DIMIA web site (towards the back in the migration booklet). The process is really quite easy - hardest part is getting the cash together!

You need to fill in the forms, wire the money and fax the forms to whoever you choose and then post the originals. I rang WA Treasury the morning after I had sent everything - they had all the paper work and then they emailed me when the money came through. Process took around two weeks.

Next step is that the Treasury department sends Section (Part?) 3 to DIMIA to confirm that the funds have been invested and then you wait for your letter confirming the visa.

When we sent our passports to Australia House, to have the visas put in, we had all four back within a week.

Chris
Old Aug 24th 2004, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

surreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant futuresurreyfamily has a brilliant future

Hello Lindsey

Our bond £50,000) was due June 04, missed this deadline as house sale still ongoing.
Now been advised that we need to go through medicals and police clearance again, what a pain and such an expense for us, we are a family of four.
The last medicals cost us £800 for the four of us.
Do you and any one else know a way arround this. Husband won't be happy forking out more money, I think we must of spend over £7000 so far.

Thanks Karen

Hi all

Lindsey
Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Karen,

Sorry I'm not sure how they work at DIMIA but are your meds and PC's not still valid, I was certain they were valid for 12 months. Having said that if they have requested new ones there's not much you can do but do as they say..

Good luck

Lindsey

Originally Posted by surreyfamily
Hello Lindsey

Our bond £50,000) was due June 04, missed this deadline as house sale still ongoing.
Now been advised that we need to go through medicals and police clearance again, what a pain and such an expense for us, we are a family of four.
Do you and any one else know a way arround this. Husband won't be happy forking out more money, I think we must of spend over £7000 so far.

Thanks Karen
Old Aug 25th 2004, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, as a matter of interest, could you tell me how much interest WA have offered you on your bond. They are only the only ones that haven't replied to my email yet.

Thanks for the info re passports my son keeps getting palpitations thinking he may miss Spain. LOL

Lindsey
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:52 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lindsey,
Congrats on getting bond request and good luck sorting the money out, that's probably the hardest bit. Can I be so bold as to ask your occupations and for some info on your timeline. We finally lodged 13.08.04 after loads of tooing and frowing, plus a trip all around Malta to find DHL as we hadn't done form 80 before going on holiday. LOL. We are also putting up a bond and was looking for some idea of a timescale for getting money together. Our agent as fab as she is was a bit vague in this area, says it could be 2 months, 5 months or even a year before they request bond. I know each case is dealt with separately, just an idea of processing times at the moment would help. Cheers.
Sarah
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:58 am
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=surreyfamily]Hello Lindsey

Thanks Karen [/QUOTE

Your medical and police clearances are valid for 12 months. You will not be granted a visa with an entry date after the expiry of either of these. If DIMIA are still processing a visa application and the expiry dates would not allow a reasonable time to use the visa, then DIMIA will ask to have them refreshed.

Best wishes

Westly Russell
Migration Agent
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sarah

We applied Nov '03, got our meds and PC's request July 1st then bond request yesterday. Things have changed since July though and things seem to be moving a lot quicker for people who have applied since then. Have you front loaded your meds and PC's? If you have you should hear sooner rather than later and your next request will be for your bond. There doesn't seem to be any pattern in the way they work.

Good luck with it all.

Lindsey
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:34 am

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, as a matter of interest, could you tell me how much interest WA have offered you on your bond. They are only the only ones that haven't replied to my email yet.

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey

5.3% (that was in June) - funny, WA were one of the first to reply for us.

Chris
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Chris

They have replied now, it's 5.1% today but they are still the best ones to go with today.

Lindsey
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:45 am

Thanks Chris

They have replied now, it's 5.1% today but they are still the best ones to go with today.

Lindsey
They were the best rate at the time for us as well and we are heading for Perth - so seemed the natural choice!

Chris
Old Aug 26th 2004, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Us too. Where are you heading, North, South or Central?

Lindsey

Originally Posted by chris n
They were the best rate at the time for us as well and we are heading for Perth - so seemed the natural choice!

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.