Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bond lodged,is that it now???

bond lodged,is that it now???

Old Oct 20th 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

peterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to allpeterpamnryan is a name known to all
Default bond lodged,is that it now???

hi,my uncle had his interview at centrelink on thurs completed all forms etc etc they then asked him to lodge the bond at centenary bank ,he went straight there put the $5000 in and went straight back to centrelink where they scanned and logged all his receipts etc,so job done.i emailed my case officer to let her know and got a reply this morning but im wondering now because she mentioned she would await the outcome of the interview and the assurance of support and let me know if any more info is required.so firstly i didnt think they would ask my uncle to lodge the bond if he hadn't checked out and i thought this was the last thing i had to arrange but the mention of more info has got me wondering,also if we are gonna get the visas how long after the bond being lodged do we receive the good news,any views pleeeassee
Old Oct 21st 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bond lodged,is that it now???

Originally Posted by peterpamnryan
hi,my uncle had his interview at centrelink on thurs completed all forms etc etc they then asked him to lodge the bond at centenary bank ,he went straight there put the $5000 in and went straight back to centrelink where they scanned and logged all his receipts etc,so job done.i emailed my case officer to let her know and got a reply this morning but im wondering now because she mentioned she would await the outcome of the interview and the assurance of support and let me know if any more info is required.so firstly i didnt think they would ask my uncle to lodge the bond if he hadn't checked out and i thought this was the last thing i had to arrange but the mention of more info has got me wondering,also if we are gonna get the visas how long after the bond being lodged do we receive the good news,any views pleeeassee
I'm pretty sure that is the last thing, but I was told by my agent that you have to allow a while for Centerlink to inform DIMIA that they've lodged the bond. We heard about a week and a half later, but why don't you take a look at other 138/9's recently granted on www.austimeline.com to get an idea of how long it's taking. I think I worked out we could expect it anything between 2 and 20 days later from previous cases.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:02 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Yes the bond is lodged. Centerlink wouldn't of advised your uncle to lodge the bond if there was a problem with the interview. Your CO is just waiting on centerlink confirming that all is ok.

Fiona
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:13 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Took us about two weeks to get confirmation of acceptance of application after bond lodged