Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bond has been requested What now?!?!

Bond has been requested What now?!?!

Old Jun 11th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Bond has been requested What now?!?!

We have received an e-mail from our CO requesting the bond to be paid which is a good thing! finally after all the waiting things are moving forward!!
Can anyone tell me how long this next stage will take??? We have sent e-mails to various territories to get the current rates so just waiting to hear back from them. What happens now? what are the time scales? Do we then send our passports to Adelaide for the final stamp or do we get it done at the Australian Embassy.

Thanks
Pink x
Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:58 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice
Default Re: Bond has been requested What now?!?!

Come on, anyone???
We could do with knowing too!
Also, Pinky just out of interest, how long did it take for the request after police and medical checks for the bond?
xx
Old Jun 11th 2006, 8:36 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Normally after a bond is lodged it only takes a couple of weeks to get the visa, but I've been waiting for 9 weeks now and still haven't got mine. (Although I know why, so it should be here this week sometime )

Go to www.austimeline.com and you should be able to check other people's timelines on there.

When you have been told your visa has been granted, you'll need to send your passports up to London to have the visa stamped in them. You will get all the instructions once you have your visa grant.
Good Luck!

Julie. x
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Pink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to allPink & Fluffy is a name known to all
Red face Re: Bond has been requested What now?!?!

Thanks for the responses. 9 weeks Oh god I can't imagine having to wait a further 9 weeks!

We had our meds 21st March and PCC's were sent in Feb. What do they do in that time? do they have the biggest in trays in the world?? Surely it doesn't take that long to see that the meds are ok?!?

Sorry off my soap box now!

Thanks
Pink x
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:11 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pink & Fluffy
Thanks for the responses. 9 weeks Oh god I can't imagine having to wait a further 9 weeks!

We had our meds 21st March and PCC's were sent in Feb. What do they do in that time? do they have the biggest in trays in the world?? Surely it doesn't take that long to see that the meds are ok?!?

Thanks
Pink x
Mine shouldn't have taken this long Pink, but Dimia lost a vital piece of info and they've just told us about it, so hopefully now they have got it and our visa can be granted.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pink & Fluffy

Thanks
Pink x
From my memory - the bond is the LAST thing - we never heard back from medicals of police checks - we just received the demand for bond! Ours took about 9 weeks also but that was due to a delay in changing from one system out here to Centrelink - who had no idea how to implement the changes.

Hold on tight it really won't be that long!

Sarah
Old Jun 12th 2006, 7:56 pm

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Hold on tight it really won't be that long!

OMG! 9 weeks!

They certainly make sure we are keen to go, don't they! All this hanging on!
We are hoping to go in January, house sale permitting................

Thanks for the replies too!

And sorry pink! for calling you pinky!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

And sorry pink! for calling you pinky! [/QUOTE]

No probs quite like it actually

Have you had any interest in your house yet?? Our house was on the market for 7 months before we got our offer! Hopefully yours will be a lot quicker! We have sold our house and living with my mum

We are looking to go at the end of August. Our agents have just advised to get the bond sorted out asap as the DIMIA are trying to fill their quota before 30th June! So hopefully if we get our act together we should have a definate answer soon! Fingers crossed!

We have already purchased our aussie dollars through HIFX who have been so helpful and they can transfer the money same day to the territory we choose! so we are hoping to have this sorted by the end of the week!!

Pinky x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:21 pm

Only put on market (privately) four weeks ago as we was going on holiday. Thought we would try and cut the middle rip of merchant out, OOps! I mean Estate agent!!
Typical, two people rang whilst we was on holiday. Just put it up yesterday with them know so keep fingers crossed

Oh your well on your way!
You will be sorted!

Where are you and fluffy heading?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Quinns
Only put on market (privately) four weeks ago as we was going on holiday. Thought we would try and cut the middle rip of merchant out, OOps! I mean Estate agent!!
Typical, two people rang whilst we was on holiday. Just put it up yesterday with them know so keep fingers crossed

Oh your well on your way!
You will be sorted!

Where are you and fluffy heading?
Sorry it's taking so long to reply, still waiting for broadband from Talk Talk

Good luck with the house sale! What exactly do estate agents do?? Cost us a fortune and it took them so long to sell it, the couple who bought our house just happened to be driving around and saw it was on the market We should of put a sign in the window, much cheaper!!

We are off to Sydney and can't wait! Where are you going??
Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:05 pm

Hopefully Brisbane, if the visa ever gets issued
Good things come to those who wait eh!
XX
Mrs Q