Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bon Voyage, we leave for Brisbane on Friday

Wikiposts

Bon Voyage, we leave for Brisbane on Friday

Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Talking Bon Voyage, we leave for Brisbane on Friday

Hello Again!

It has been a while since I last logged on and I have to admit I found myself missing the forum somewhat so here I am again! I see that not a lot has changed.

The big DEPART date is looming and we leave on Friday.

It has been hell trying to pack in this very hot weather and our attic has now become my husband's sauna! Neither of us are getting very much sleep what with worrying about everything that still needs to be done and with the oppressive heat.

However, we are becoming more and more excited at the prospect of finally reaching the destination that we have worked so hard to achieve.

Once we reach Brisbane we plan to buy a car, a house and a new lifestyle and I for one can't wait! We have allowed ourselves 4 weeks to find a house and schools for the children. We are quite keen on the Wynnum and Manly areas so if anyone has experience of these please let us know. Of course it is imperative that we live near a squash club and hopefully this will have air-con?

Finally, I promise to keep you posted on events as they happen that is if we manage to find an internet cafe or buy a laptop whichever comes first.

So it is goodbye for now and good luck to everybody waiting or in the process of leaving.

Best of luck
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

You lucky so- and -sos, wish I could join you!

Maybe we will meet up when we finally arrive.

Best of luck in your new lives. :PARTY:
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:59 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Bon Voyage, we leave for Brisbane on Friday

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PADDAD
So it is goodbye for now and good luck to everybody waiting or in the process of leaving.
Good luck and all the best with your move, hope you have a good flight and its everything you dreamed of and more...i bet you are excited, nervous and upset at the same time...we are going soon ( hopefully ) just waiting for a court date to remove my daughter from the country then were off keep us posted with the move and what you get up to...take care
johanne
Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:27 am
Carol in Oz

Well done and good luck! Should have no probs finding a club with air con!!
Carol

Old Aug 11th 2003, 10:42 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PADDAD
We are quite keen on the Wynnum and Manly areas so if anyone has experience of these please let us know.
We live just down the road from Manly and Wynnum - what do you want to know?
Cheers,
DagBoy
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Tina, hang in there gal, I'm sure it won't be long before you're in the same boat. Good luck with the house sale and remember to keep smiling.

Thanks Johanne for the kind words. I hope you get your court date soon and best of luck.

I hope you're right about the club with air con Carol otherwise I may have to give up squash and take up swimming. Cheers

Dagboy - I am interested to know of any good schools nearby or specific living areas you would recommend within Wynnum or Manly. Any other knowledge you can impart would be greatly received. Many thanks

Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:37 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Hello Again!

It has been a while since I last logged on and I have to admit I found myself missing the forum somewhat so here I am again! I see that not a lot has changed.

It has been hell trying to pack in this very hot weather and our attic has now become my husband's sauna! Neither of us are getting very much sleep what with worrying about everything that still needs to be done and with the oppressive heat.

However, we are becoming more and more excited at the prospect of finally reaching the destination that we have worked so hard to achieve.

Once we reach Brisbane we plan to buy a car, a house and a new lifestyle and I for one can't wait! We have allowed ourselves 4 weeks to find a house and schools for the children. We are quite keen on the Wynnum and Manly areas so if anyone has experience of these please let us know. Of course it is imperative that we live near a squash club and hopefully this will have air-con?

Finally, I promise to keep you posted on events as they happen that is if we manage to find an internet cafe or buy a laptop whichever comes first.

Best of luck
Good luck to you. Please keep posting when you get there, and let me know about the squash.

I have'nt played for 4 odd weeks now since I busted my finger, and its healed looking like a dogs hind leg. We won't be in Brissy till Spring so I'll be Ok by then.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by chippy
Good luck to you. Please keep posting when you get there, and let me know about the squash.

I have'nt played for 4 odd weeks now since I busted my finger, and its healed looking like a dogs hind leg. We won't be in Brissy till Spring so I'll be Ok by then.
When you land we'll have to arrange a game, hubby's a lot more pro than me so perhaps he'd be more of a challenge.

Hope that hind leg ....er finger heals up quickly.

I definitely plan to keep posting so no worries there.

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:00 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

When you land we'll have to arrange a game, hubby's a lot more pro than me so perhaps he'd be more of a challenge.

Hope that hind leg ....er finger heals up quickly.

I definitely plan to keep posting so no worries there.

Cheers
You're on.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:16 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Hello Again!

Best of luck

Goodbye and good luck from the Slaters, we hope to be out there ourselves come November. Keep us all posted.

Slater
Old Aug 12th 2003, 2:25 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Good luck with your journey etc. Don't forget you do not need an internet cafe. The public lib rary in australia has FREE internet access for everyone If you are during the school hours there should be no queue.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for the tip about using the library, I didn't know about that.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the tip about using the library, I didn't know about that.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

To Diana & Family

Best of luck in Brisbane.

Look forward to your news once you arrive.

footie chick