Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boeing Plant/Aerspace Assembly/Manufacturing

Boeing Plant/Aerspace Assembly/Manufacturing

Old Jan 19th 2008, 3:42 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Boeing Plant/Aerspace Assembly/Manufacturing

Hello folks,

Does anybody know anybody who know's anybody who may work at the Boeing plant in Queensland? Or does anybody know anybody who know's anybody who works in Aerspace Assembly/Manufacturing/ part manufacture in Queensland?

I ask firstly, because, is there much work about in Manufacturing, assembly, etc in Queensland. But also do you have to be a citizen to work in this area, or can you work in this area on a PR Visa?

Security clearance would be an issue i suppose, but is there work about for Engineers with manufacturing experience or is it all low level small to medium companies in Queensland making food type processing equipment?

Cheers!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:56 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boeing Plant/Aerspace Assembly/Manufacturing

I wasn't aware Boeing manufactured anything in Qld??

http://www.boeing.com.au/BAL/Maps/Si...ueensland.html

I know whenever you see jobs advertised for the in the Brisbane HQ they are only open to Australian citizens....I'm sure the same would be true in the defence support roles.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:52 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by forkandknife
Hello folks,

Does anybody know anybody who know's anybody who may work at the Boeing plant in Queensland? Or does anybody know anybody who know's anybody who works in Aerspace Assembly/Manufacturing/ part manufacture in Queensland?

I ask firstly, because, is there much work about in Manufacturing, assembly, etc in Queensland. But also do you have to be a citizen to work in this area, or can you work in this area on a PR Visa?

Security clearance would be an issue i suppose, but is there work about for Engineers with manufacturing experience or is it all low level small to medium companies in Queensland making food type processing equipment?

Cheers!
Originally Posted by bcworld
I wasn't aware Boeing manufactured anything in Qld??

http://www.boeing.com.au/BAL/Maps/Si...ueensland.html

I know whenever you see jobs advertised for the in the Brisbane HQ they are only open to Australian citizens....I'm sure the same would be true in the defence support roles.
Certain jobs do crop up with Boeing that are open to PR visa holders and they most certainly aren't low level, but they are very few and far between.

There is nil aircraft manufacturing here. There is assembly. What area of manufacturing are you in?

If you haven't citizenship and a company are prepared to take you on then the company may get you to apply for a citizenship waiver which is a whole new ball game.

Boeing have offices in the city (Brisbane) and out at RAAF Amberley.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:56 am
Just Joined

craigwills is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello folks,

Cheers!
hello there,
i worked for airbus for 10 years and seem to have a similar background to you. i came to oz 18 month ago and there is not too much aircraft manufacturing plants about in queensland i m afraid. i ve had a lot of calls for jobs but if you are not a PR they wont take you on which is a bugger. i ended up goin to the GA area of the airport handing my cv out and i finally found a place to take me on as a sheety which there is a LOT of demand for and the pay is pretty good, so if your a good sheety you ll always get work,hope it all works out, let me know if i can help cos it is a bit dis-heartening!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:02 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Boeing have a base at RAAF Amberley near to Ipswich. My son worked for them for a few years. There are also other manufacturers there.

He now works for Raytheon and is based in Brisbane although is supervising a project which is mainly in Adelaide.

Adelaide has much more work than Brisbane.....this is all defence related work which needs security clearance which can be a problem for newly arrived migrants.
One or two other posters on this site have had difficulty getting a start in this field.

G
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:03 am
KLF
What Time is Love

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
Boeing have a base at RAAF Amberley near to Ipswich. My son worked for them for a few years. There are also other manufacturers there.

He now works for Raytheon and is based in Brisbane although is supervising a project which is mainly in Adelaide.

Adelaide has much more work than Brisbane.....this is all defence related work which needs security clearance which can be a problem for newly arrived migrants.
One or two other posters on this site have had difficulty getting a start in this field.

G
Hello mate, how's things?
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KLF
Hello mate, how's things?
Okey dokey thanks

G
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:17 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hello folks,

Cheers!
Cant help you with QLD sorry but just to give you the heads up RE visas. We came out here sponsored on a 457 Temp Visa by QDS (Qantas Defence Services). Hubby is a Rigger / Sheety. We've now got PR and will be looking at work options QLD way - probably Coolangatta. Friends of ours have already made the move to QLD (same trade) and only on PR and hes got a job at Brisbane Airport. Some do require citizenship I know (Williamtown Newcastle being one example) but many others dont.

Good luck!

Rach

Last edited by Mrs Jackaroo; Jan 20th 2008 at 8:31 am.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Williamstown is also a defence related base.

I do not think security clearance is needed for civilian/commercial work.

G
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:31 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Williamstown is also a defence related base.

I do not think security clearance is needed for civilian/commercial work.

G
Hubby needs security clearance.........but not citizenship where he works now (Qantas Defence Services) - but if he wanted to work at Williamtown he'd need to be a citizen.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Hubby needs security clearance.........but not citizenship where he works now (Qantas Defence Services) - but if he wanted to work at Williamtown he'd need to be a citizen.
I think it depends on the project.

PR's can get security clearance but it is much easier as a citizen.

G
Old Jan 20th 2008, 2:21 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough

Hey, Ladies, Gents,

Cheers for the replies.

The Boeing site of Australia is below;

http://www.boeing.com.au/

http://www.boeing.com.au/BAL/

I understand it goes without saying that i guess you would need to be on a PR visa even to be considered for a role in the aerospace/defence manufacturing industry in Australia, that is if you have not been sponsored/bought into do the job etc? But my question was really concerning the difference between PR status, .i.e. 136 visa, and actually being an Australian citizen? I did hear second hand you need to be an Australian citizen to be considered for aerospace roles? But i do not know. I would be a PR, so not a citizen, well not for at least five years.

My industry is commercial/aircraft structures, manufacturing, assembly of the piece parts, and then assembling the things together etc. I understand probably the majority of the work would be in the highly industrialised regions, maybe Adelaide; but Queensland is the work region of my choice.

So it does seem there are quite a few small to medium size factories fabricating anything and everyting and food processing equipment. A low to medium quality level of sheet metal and fabrication in comparison to aircraft manufacture. My guess is there exist no automotive plants out there, so i was wondering how many of you actually work in the commercial/aircraft structures field, is there much work either hands on, or in engineering, citing process work such as assembly, also repair work of structures. I notice there are a few air fields, so do they manufacture or maintain aircraft, is there much work around, or is it very few and far between?

Cheers.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:07 pm
KLF
What Time is Love

I did hear second hand you need to be an Australian citizen to be considered for aerospace roles?
Not necessarily.

Boeing have a heavy maintenance unit in Brisbane. I'll try and find the details of the main recruitment agents that they use and PM them to you.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by KLF
Not necessarily.

Boeing have a heavy maintenance unit in Brisbane. I'll try and find the details of the main recruitment agents that they use and PM them to you.
If you could clue me in on this too please I'd really appreciate it

cheers

Rach
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:27 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by KLF
Not necessarily.

Yep, cheers mate.

I hear that maybe structural/airframe fitting maybe a requirement, but i am also open to offers on the engineering aspect of it (Process/Assembly/FEA), but cheers.

Be nice if i can get fixed up before i arrive, or at least gather up a few leads on whether the work is available, my mate works in Adelaide, but i am keen on Queensland.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.