Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Board says 'Under Offer' :)

The Board says 'Under Offer' :)

Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:03 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default The Board says 'Under Offer' :)

We have accepted an offer and had a meeting with the prospective purchaser, chosen exchange and completion dates and hope that all will go well.
If it does - we hope to complete 30th or 31st October - have tentatively booked shippers for two days of that week and can finalise when we know for certain which day.
Have started issuing invites to a farewell bash - open house for the day seemed best. - hope the weather stays fine for 12th October.
Have started writing my change of address letters and getting the letters to all the utilities, banks, and etc done.
Will have to check my list for contacting people to cancel payments and memberships and get evidence of no claims from car insurers etc.
MUST HAVE A BOOT SALE.!!!!
Half a dozen more trips to the dump (the loft is empty and the garage almost)
Will open an HSBC account asap.
Got to start packing????
Have tried to get an itinerary from airlines for the holiday-journey to oz at present London-Chicago-YYC (forget which canadian city)-Las Vegas - Los Angeles - Melbourne £415.80 including taxes and charges (with United as members of Star Alliance group)
:PARTY:
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. I know the feeling, i now have an Oz note book that i carry at all times, the list is endless, but the ticks are rather satisfying!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations, looks as though it is all steam ahead.
We still don't have a date, but we are clearing out all the junk and rubbish.
Hubby has got the pressure washer on the ride on mower at the moment, and then will paint where needed.
You seem to have your list well organised.
Have you heard how your pooch is doing?

Whisky
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:16 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by whisky
congratulations, looks as though it is all steam ahead.
We still don't have a date, but we are clearing out all the junk and rubbish.
Hubby has got the pressure washer on the ride on mower at the moment, and then will paint where needed.
You seem to have your list well organised.
Have you heard how your pooch is doing?

Whisky
Thanks Whisky - we don't have a pooch must be muddling me with one of the other sad people waiting to sell. Hope they can all give good news soon.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Thanks Whisky - we don't have a pooch must be muddling me with one of the other sad people waiting to sell. Hope they can all give good news soon.
Think its yvsie with the pooch isn't it? Fingers are crossed for all us house sellers!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

yafm,

My parents live at the back of the hand in hand (box hill) lovely area, would of been nice this summer.
Good luck with your move.

Colin
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:34 pm
too busy to work members

Originally posted by colinnsam
yafm,

My parents live at the back of the hand in hand (box hill) lovely area, would of been nice this summer.
Good luck with your move.

Colin

Yes Colin the area is lovely, quite rural without being cut off and very green (even at the moment after all the sun) BUT it is still governed by you know who and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

Really hope it all goes ok this time - you've had a rough ride of late.

Do the carboot sale before you send Colin to the tip! We did one on Sunday, and made £150. It was all junk too, but people bought it, and we amazed ourselves with our sales patter!!

We're hopefully off in a few weeks too.

Good luck!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:10 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Board says 'Under Offer' :)

Great news!

Fingers crossed that it all goes according to plan B.

Having our own health insurance fixed up now we are going up to the smoke tomorrow to get the magic sticker in the passports. The new case officer came up trumps.

Good luck with the sales!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yafm, I'm local. What you got for sale. First dibs?
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Excellent news. I really hope things go ahead for you this time.
How organised of you. I daren't book packers or anything just in case!

I notice you are taking the same flight company as us. Are you collecting any points with United? I wanted to know how to collect them as there are 5 of us and it should be a lot of points to collect!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:31 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suffolkdiva
Hi guys!

Really hope it all goes ok this time - you've had a rough ride of late.

Do the carboot sale before you send Colin to the tip! We did one on Sunday, and made £150. It was all junk too, but people bought it, and we amazed ourselves with our sales patter!!

We're hopefully off in a few weeks too.

Good luck!!
Be careful they can be just as adictive as this site.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yafm
Yes Yafm, it was yvsie who sent the dog. What with going to work, sorting house sale, removals, dog, and selling everything, babies born, my cousin drowning and now the funeral on Friday, I don't know whether I am coming or going.
Well one bit of good news today. We also are looking at signing the house next Friday, and looking at the end of October to finally be out and on our way.
My biggest worry is, I have got 2 horses to sell. They will go in the paper next week.
Someone lent us a power washer today, and we have just about cleaned everything we can with it. Hubby took a great load up to the tip at the weekend. 8 bags of rubbish for the bin men, and another 4 ready for next weeks collection.
We had Brittania removals come out today, and we have got Robinsons out tomorrow.
Keep us posted as to how things are going.

Whisky
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Colin & Yvonne.

Hope it all goes smoothly this time around

footie chick
Old Sep 16th 2003, 9:42 pm
too busy to work members

Originally posted by tinaj
Excellent news. I really hope things go ahead for you this time.
How organised of you. I daren't book packers or anything just in case!

I notice you are taking the same flight company as us. Are you collecting any points with United? I wanted to know how to collect them as there are 5 of us and it should be a lot of points to collect!

I am waiting an answer and will let you know we are united and star alliance members but if we book all the flights with United flights only then we get far more miles. I note on their itinerary the flight from LAX to Melbourne has a stop so I want to find out where it is so that we may stop over there also. We were sent a special offer leaflet about booking on the internet for bonus points (2000) but it said for a round trip I am asking if we are able tol get these points for the long one way trips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.