Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BMW - car question?

BMW - car question?

Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:38 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default BMW - car question?

Can anybody tell me if in their opinion it would be worth shipping a 10 year old BMW 3 series out to oz. It is old but in excellent condition. My husband
thought it might be worth shipping it out even if it was to sell it on once we
get there?

Thanks in advance.

Tracey
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice
Default Re: BMW - car question?

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Can anybody tell me if in their opinion it would be worth shipping a 10 year old BMW 3 series out to oz. It is old but in excellent condition. My husband
get there?

Thanks in advance.

Tracey
It's very unlikely to be cost effective to take. The general concensus is that it's not worth taking a car unless it's of special interest or sentimental value.

Check out www.karmanshipping.com, there's a calculator on there
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:57 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi there

not taking my 4 yr old merc, it's not just the shipping it's the duty payable at the other end, and if parts are needed, which all cars need sooner or later !!

I think you would need to be rich or own a very,very special car to do this.

Carole

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
get there?

Thanks in advance.

Tracey
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bodger
It's very unlikely to be cost effective to take. The general concensus is that it's not worth taking a car unless it's of special interest or sentimental value.

Check out www.karmanshipping.com, there's a calculator on there

Good find!!

Sending you some karma!!!

John
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Bodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really niceBodger is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aus4us
Good find!!

Sending you some karma!!!

John
Thank you ! By the way, I'd recommend giving them a call if you need further help. I did and they were extremely helpful. I'll be using them to ship my car.