Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blue card for bricklayers

Blue card for bricklayers

Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Question Blue card for bricklayers

Hi, Would appreciate any advice regarding work permits for bricklayers in Queensland. We fly out in June and I am intending on finding work (hopefully) within the first two weeks or so. Would it be advisable to apply for a pemit via the internet before going? Do you just call on an employer and then apply?
Is there anything else to be aware of? Thanks Jx
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Default Re: Blue card for bricklayers

Originally Posted by jackie barden
Hi, Would appreciate any advice regarding work permits for bricklayers in Queensland. We fly out in June and I am intending on finding work (hopefully) within the first two weeks or so. Would it be advisable to apply for a pemit via the internet before going? Do you just call on an employer and then apply?
Ok just realised I got the wrong colour, I meant Green card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think) Thanks, J
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

I have a blue card for health and safety to get on to building sites, if thats any help,Paul
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rangersman2
I have a blue card for health and safety to get on to building sites, if thats any help,Paul
Thanks Paul
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:15 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Paul
you will need a blue card to get on any site in qld

4 hr health and safty course costs about 60 to 80 bucks depending on where you go
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok just realised I got the wrong colour, I meant Green card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think) Thanks, J
Think you got the wrong country - Green Cards are for the USA!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure someone else will come on an correct/amend this but I'm sure this card can be applied for online before you enter Oz. There is a website set up for this and the link has been on a thread on here before....
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marvinc
I'm sure someone else will come on an correct/amend this but I'm sure this card can be applied for online before you enter Oz. There is a website set up for this and the link has been on a thread on here before....

Not sure that you can apply online as you have to attend a course in QLD before u are issued the card. Know this was the case for my son who started work in Townsville towards the end of last year.

By the way there seem to be two different blue cards available in QLD - one is a Safety Induction/Construction Industry Blue Card and the other relates to working with children (I think)

Last edited by depaiva; Feb 8th 2007 at 8:54 am.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

dobbin74 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can do a safety course on line (Blue card) which you need on ALL building sites.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Blue card for bricklayers

You can gain your blue card from any country via the net at any time, i did it yesterday in the UK, it's a doddle and costs $80.00.

http://www.bluedogtraining.com.au
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to all of you for the advice. Will have a look tonight, online, it would be easier that way, but if I have to attend a course then I will have to do that as soon as I get there in June. Cheers, J
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:37 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Yes, got mine also............and i applied to the TRA for my Australian Recognised Trade Certificate which i got a few weeks ago......Yippie!!!!

Now i can apply for a BSA licence with ease!

Originally Posted by chris96
You can gain your blue card from any country via the net at any time, i did it yesterday in the UK, it's a doddle and costs $80.00.

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Davla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris96

Hi,
What about work card for Tas? any idea?
Thanks
Davla
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

You will need the blue card (safety induction ) to go on to any site in Qld but you may also need a license or find a licensed employer willing to take you on.

As I understand it all tradies are responsible financially for thier work ( if you did it wrong and it falls - down you pay! ) and require a license to prove your competence, or as I said, you are looking for an employer willing to be responsible for you.

If you go to the Qld gov web site there is information on licenses there. Dont be fooled, passing your TRA doesnt directly affect or guarrantee this license
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by windog
You will need the blue card (safety induction ) to go on to any site in Qld but you may also need a license or find a licensed employer willing to take you on.

As I understand it all tradies are responsible financially for thier work ( if you did it wrong and it falls - down you pay! ) and require a license to prove your competence, or as I said, you are looking for an employer willing to be responsible for you.

If you go to the Qld gov web site there is information on licenses there. Dont be fooled, passing your TRA doesnt directly affect or guarrantee this license
Thanks for that Windog, J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.