Blue Card

Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Question Blue Card

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a blue card once in Australia? Is there a course you need to do, if so how long? I t seems that every job iv'e been looking at requires a blue card. Any help will be gratefully recieved.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Blue Card

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a blue card once in Australia? Is there a course you need to do, if so how long? I t seems that every job iv'e been looking at requires a blue card. Any help will be gratefully recieved.
whats a blue card?
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:30 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradburns
For queensland and WA

http://bluedogtraining.com.au/

To do it online but you can go and do the course at certain places aswell.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
For queensland and WA

You can do it before you go with above site too. There are others who do the training as well but given above by master builders in Queensland for hubby. Check with master builders for area you are going to.
One less thing to get when you get there.

Last edited by maisey; Sep 16th 2007 at 9:37 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by camacazi
whats a blue card?
Its a card stating you have fufilled training on Health and Safety which allows you to work on construction sites in Australia.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 9:45 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by maisey
Its a card stating you have fufilled training on Health and Safety which allows you to work on construction sites in Australia.
you also get a blue card for working with children
Old Sep 16th 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
For queensland and WA

Thanks for the website and your help.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by maisey
You can do it before you go with above site too. There are others who do the training as well but given above by master builders in Queensland for hubby. Check with master builders for area you are going to.
One less thing to get when you get there.
Thanks maisey, i thought it was something to do with health and safety. Sounds like a good idea doing it before we go though.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by biggy
you also get a blue card for working with children
Yeah that's what I thought this thread was about. The children one is a bit like a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check that anyone in the UK working with children had to have.

Just in case anyone is interested http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/index.html

Your employer should sort out this one although it is a bit like a chicken and egg situation. Jobs say you need a blue card before applying but you have to have an employer (or course institution) before you can apply for a card

Last edited by Stella340; Sep 16th 2007 at 11:48 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Very useful thread, OH is sparky will do it online b4 go in Nov.

THanks for info,

S-j x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

There are places where you can just turn up and do the course in 4 hours using their computers.

$150 flat fee. Cant fail as each time you get a question wrong you just get put back 2 or 3 questions and the answer is always in the content they give you to read at the start of each section.

Walk away with the blue card same day. It only takes 4 hours maximium but quicker if you are a clever cookie.

Mick
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:24 am
Banned

Aussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stella340
Yeah that's what I thought this thread was about. The children one is a bit like a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check that anyone in the UK working with children had to have.

Just in case anyone is interested http://www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au/employment/index.html

Your employer should sort out this one although it is a bit like a chicken and egg situation. Jobs say you need a blue card before applying but you have to have an employer (or course institution) before you can apply for a card
Hi you do not need an employer to get either blue card.

I have both the Construction Industry Blue Card and The working with children Bluecard.

I believe the Construction industry card costs about 90 Dollars for the course and Card on-line.

The Working with Children Bluecard Costs around 40 Dollars and is valid for 2 years. and involves a police check etc. These are taking a lot longer than they used to at the moment, I would say that if you know someone who has an address in OZ to get this one started ASAP. Although If you have actually applied for the card this is often good enough in certain instances.

i.e I have had to work in Schools etc on a technical basis, It was OK for me to have just applied for it.

Just thinking about it now, its pretty poor that this has to be applied for again, the Police clearance certificate lodged with immigration should really be good enough, oh well rules is rules and there are a lot of things that dont really make sense out here.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pom
Hi you do not need an employer to get either blue card.

On all of the application forms it has an area to fill in for either 'employer' or 'organisation' i.e. College / Tafe. So if you're not either employed or studying how can you apply?
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here!
And yes it is a pain the @rse the amount of things you have to keep applying for. The stuff you do for immigration in the first place counts for nothing - not even my NOOSR skills assessment is recognised by the Teaching Council, they have to do it all again? Hey ho!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:01 am
Banned

Aussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud ofAussie_Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stella340

On all of the application forms it has an area to fill in for either 'employer' or 'organisation' i.e. College / Tafe. So if you're not either employed or studying how can you apply?
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow here!
And yes it is a pain the @rse the amount of things you have to keep applying for. The stuff you do for immigration in the first place counts for nothing - not even my NOOSR skills assessment is recognised by the Teaching Council, they have to do it all again? Hey ho!
Sorry, I am looking to go self employed in the near future, I just filled in my own name and address. Does not ask for an ABN number or anything, mine came back OK. (However I did already have one that was from an employer before).

Maybe a good tip would be to get a certified copy of your police clearance certificate and send that away with the application, may well speed things up. As I said before though it seems that in most cases as long as you have applied its OK.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pom
Sorry, I am looking to go self employed in the near future, I just filled in my own name and address. Does not ask for an ABN number or anything, mine came back OK. (However I did already have one that was from an employer before).

Maybe a good tip would be to get a certified copy of your police clearance certificate and send that away with the application, may well speed things up. As I said before though it seems that in most cases as long as you have applied its OK.
I'll give it a go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.